Clingan Game Time Decision | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Clingan Game Time Decision

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Was there a more pessimistic quote? This makes it seems like Wednesday is a possibility.

"the only way he's out there vs Creighton is if this thing continues to progress and we feel like uh he's had enough practice time. We're not gonna rush him out there just cause you know they got Kalkbrenner"

So I'm not expecting him to play. I think it's probably not until at least Nova considering he's going to need some practices beforehand.

Queued up:

Reaction Score
Clingan should not come off the bench. Even if he plays significantly reduced minutes, he should start. We need his defense and isolation scoring more against opposing starters.
Hurley in the post game said Clingan came off the bench last year so he knows how to do it. Sounds like he won't start initially. Totally fine with that.

Reaction Score
“Most physical he’s been, lightest he’s been”
Seems like he’s hungry to play…
Give him 15 mins coach.
What if 20 mpg is the formula for the rest of the year? No bad ideas in a brainstorm.

Reaction Score
Encouraging news. Would be great to get 12-15 minutes to make Kalk a little twitchy and give Samson/Stewart a change of pace.

Looking forward to Nova and Dixon. Will be a good test for DC

Reaction Score
Clingan is a tough kid. Still, I've got to think he'll be a bit gun shy initially. Will be interesting to see how his playing time is handled, both game totals and how long his stints last. Doubt there is any formula for either, just guesstimates.

Reaction Score
Rusty but not expecting 25 plus for a few games. Just a nice piece until he’s ready to go full. We can hope!

Reaction Score
If he is healthy enough to give us 15 minutes and Samson can manage to stay on the court for 20 minutes we would only need to resort to the small ball lineup for five minutes, preferably when Kalk sits.

Reaction Score
Really would be great to get him one more game off and unleash him against Creighton, but I'm not a doctor, I'm an alcoholic
This is a top 10 all time post on here for me. Literally got a LOL
Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
It's Day 28.

The problem with playing him against Creighton is we face Nova after just two days rest. It's a quick turnaround. If he comes back at Nova on on the 20th, there is a full week to assess him before our next game, Pee Cee on the 28th.

So I would sit him tonight. It just gives him a much better margin to recuperate fully after testing the foot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have him come off bench for a few minutes to spare Johnson. Would be interesting to see small ball lineup again tonight
We will see it but on defense we are going to have to hard double and then scramble out to shooters. And then rebound out of that. Crowd will need to help out and they should be up for that

Reaction Score
Unless he had some game time prior it’s best to sit him.
If Kalk gets going tonight 15 mins of Don won’t make the difference. It will take a game or two for Don to get to a point he can.

Reaction Score
It's Day 28.

The problem with playing him against Creighton is we face Nova after just two days rest. It's a quick turnaround. If he comes back at Nova on on the 20th, there is a full week to assess him before our next game, Pee Cee on the 28th.

So I would sit him tonight. It just gives him a much better margin to recuperate fully after testing the foot.
Exactly. Spot minutes v Nova then another week with no games is perfect.

Plus the added pressure to perform against Kalk. I’m sure he wants to play but there is a time when the coach needs to save the player from himself.

One game in Jan means nothing. 1 game in April could mean everything

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom