Clingan Game Time Decision | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clingan Game Time Decision

Reaction Score
We are home. It's Georgetown. Why push it? Better safe than sorry, especially considering this is the 2nd time coming back. One more game won't make or break the season. I'm sure everyone is itching to have him back(including Donovan), but patience may be the way here.

Reaction Score
Good news! At least we know he’s healing well. If 100% and no risk of re-injury then I see no reason no to get him some burn to get used to game speed. If not, zero reason to push it. I trust our staff to make the right call.

Reaction Score
If he plays and gets hurt there will be a hanging.
If we play poorly without him there will be a hanging.
If he doesn’t play vs Georgetown then plays poorly vs Creighton due to rust there will be a hanging.
How the heck can DH win?
I say leave it to the medical staff. I don’t think he will play tomorrow.

Reaction Score
It's been 24 days.

I would have more trust in the doctors and trainers if he didn't get injured a second time. As for whether sitting a couple of extra days will help or not...it couldn't hurt.

Reaction Score
It's been 24 days.

I would have more trust in the doctors and trainers if he didn't get injured a second time. As for whether sitting a couple of extra days will help or not...it couldn't hurt.
IF he plays, I’m going to assume that everyone is looking at the big picture.

Reaction Score
It's been 24 days.

The two injuries are not related. Why no trust in the medical staff?

Reaction Score
Clingan has to be smart and honest about the situation. If he is 95% then take the couple of extra days. If he feels 100% and Hurley sees a big guy with the mobility he had last year, then let him play much. Just maybe don't have him be the focal point and hammering away underneath every possession. HIs presence and ability to help direct traffic and space guys out is valuable.

But again to be out there, he has to convince Hurley that he is 100%, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
We have that week off at the end of January. I thought he'd be coming back after that.
It’s a re-injury of something he wasn’t at 100% begin with which means they gambled and got it wrong the first time. Sorry, but if he’s on the court they better be 100% sure he’s 100%. I’d rather see him sit for 2 weeks more and work his strength and conditioning in a controlled environment than Roy it up further. And, no, docs are generally a bunch of clowns. That’s why there a is a multibillion dollar malpractice industry.

Reaction Score
Really would be great to get him one more game off and unleash him against Creighton, but I'm not a doctor, I'm an alcoholic
Ha ha we all need a profession! I have had an annoying day and your post made me laugh and it’s almost midnight so this PITA day is just about over. Thanks

Reaction Score
If he feels good and is cleared you have to start working him back in.

These ideas of only using him if we are struggling or in foul trouble are dumb. Why would you let the guy sit on the bench forever and then come on cold to bang around.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah im split, would like him to get the conditioning to be ready for Creighton but don't want to risk it and give him extra rest against a team we shouldn't necessarily need him to win

Agreed. It would be great for him to be ready for Creighton but we need him for the end of season to make a run. The game being at home should help us a lot.

Kalkbrenner is not a finesse or technical player. I think Johnson can give him problems if we make the game a track meet. Kalkbrenner can’t run with Johnson

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
We have a big game in 4 days that we need him for. If he's cleared to play there's no reason not to give him 10 minutes
I agree. Minutes. In and out, Take it slow. We have the bigs that will hold the fort down for todays game.

Reaction Score
I think we can beat Creighton without him. Wasn’t impressed with them yesterday.

Reaction Score
Agreed. It would be great for him to be ready for Creighton but we need him for the end of season to make a run. The game being at home should help us a lot.

Kalkbrenner is not a finesse or technical player. I think Johnson can give him problems if we make the game a track meet. Kalkbrenner can’t run with Johnson

Kalk is kinda soft but he doesn’t get moved easily from near the basket and can rebound something Samson hasn’t done very well. Don’t think SJ would be a great matchup as he’s too small and will definitely get in foul trouble. Can’t be guarding him with Alex we know we’d be in foul trouble everywhere. If healthy would love DC to be back even for 15 minutes.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If only we had a highly paid and trained staff to make these decisions instead of the Boneyard.
Where's the fun in that?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Singare?? He’s barely even played.
In all candor, one of the drawbacks I see if DC does play today is that it would take minutes from Singare. This game should be a rare (for this point of the season) opportunity to give the kid some run.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom