Clingan declares for the NBA | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Clingan declares for the NBA

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Not many. If you look at current NBA centers, there are some great ones and some bums.

Top tier is Embiid, Jokic, Anthony Davis. I don’t think Donovan can ever be that type of scorer.

I but him in the Rudy Goebert camp. Goebert is an amazing defensive player and impacts the game incredibly. That’s what NBA scouts see. He has a lot of those attributes. How does his offensive game will and can improve is the big question.
He can be an even better defense player than Gobert as he has a bigger frame and moves his feet well on smaller players (playing against those small guards in HS actually might’ve helped him a lot there).

Way more upside offensively too.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This was a no-brainer. I hope he goes top-5. I don't think he'll go top-3 and a part of me hopes he doesn't because that's an awful lot of pressure. (Although he does seem to perform well under pressure!) Most importantly, I hope he goes somewhere with a good coach and good front office who put him in a position to succeed.

As for what he did here, I can't even begin to describe his importance over the past 2 seasons and especially this one. Two titles in two seasons is just insane.
Looking at the possible top 5, the Wizards, Spurs, Raptors, and Grizzlies are the teams that may be in need of a center.

Wouldn’t mind him on the Grizzlies who can be a playoff team next year with everyone healthy. Could fit great with JJJ and Ja.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm not bothering to look it up, but I imagine the list of college players who were undefeated in multiple NCAA tourneys is rather short (at least if you don't count 1960s UCLA).

12-0

Hope he never loses the enthusiasm and joy he showed @Storrs. I'm sure mom is very proud.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to 2 time NCAA champion Donovan!! Played his way from a lottery pick to being in the mix for #1. Amazing!

Reaction Score
With the Reed visit figured a DC announcement was coming soon. DC fit our needs perfectly as a rim protector and defensive menace this year. His growth over the last 24-28 months has been mind-boggling. Love to see a Ct kid stay home and knock it out of the park.

At the next level- I think his offense and passing skills are going to be tremendously effective with the right roster. Let's all sit back and enjoy the show. Job well done DC.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'm not bothering to look it up, but I imagine the list of college players who were undefeated in multiple NCAA tourneys is rather short (at least if you don't count 1960s UCLA).

12-0

Hope he never loses the enthusiasm and joy he showed @Storrs. I'm sure mom is very proud.
Everybody with two or more rings.... Shabazz is one.

Reaction Score
With the Reed visit figured a DC announcement was coming soon. DC fit our needs perfectly as a rim protector and defensive menace this year. His growth over the last 24-28 months has been mind-boggling. Love to see a Ct kid stay home and knock it out of the park.

At the next level- I think his offense and passing skills are going to be tremendously effective with the right roster. Let's all sit back and enjoy the show. Job well done DC.
Who is Reed?

Reaction Score
One thing I love about this Woj bomb is that he and Clingan’s mom were classmates at BCHS and knew each other very well.

Pretty sure Donovan and Woj have a good relationship already.

Bristol representin’!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks to Donavan and helping up win two Championships in different roles each year. I love you man. The job you did against Edey bfore you got in Foul Trouble allowed us take the double digit lead. You made it tough for Edey to shoot over you. I hoe you get drafated hight and do UConn pround in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I probably won't see him cruising the Bristol Price Chopper anymore :(
Hey, they upgraded to a Market 32. Don't be so sure!

I'm happy that he is, in fact, feeling ready to go pro. This is the best move for him long-term. It'll be exciting to watch him in the NBA, and I hope he lands in a good spot where he can play a lot, and where it's fun to live. Gonna be watching the NBA lottery with a great deal of interest - two UConn guys who might be lottery picks this year, and one from my home town! So awesome.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Guess I misinterpreted your post. He was undefeated in two tournaments.
Not gonna argue semantics. I'm usually more precise with words and should've used 'in their career'. And further, should've stipulated 'made the tourney every year of their multiple year career', which would narrow the list further (and include AJJ, the Greek, Slamson and AK)

That said, 12-0.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Where is Jay Bilas today? That had to be said. Clearly, he was way out of line with that comment. Certainly not news if you are just making things up. Perhaps it was a troll job to all of us UConn fans by making us hesitate and thinking the impossible could happen. I mean Bilas has said a lot of positive things about us over the last two years so not sure what he was drinking or smoking to make such a comment. I think he is a lawyer right or has a law degree. That could have something to do with it.

Since Bilas is a Dookie, thank you DC for a round about way of making a Dook expert look silly.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

I'm the 100th LIKE!!!!

Also, DC is one of Connecticuts finest. Has come a long way since seeing those videos from his Jr year at HS.

He will be missed for a long time but no doubt he'll always revisit Storrs for life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom