Clingan declares for the NBA | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Clingan declares for the NBA

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20240412_153241_Messages.jpg

Reaction Score
Recruits do not excite me. Not until I see them play. I saw him for about one half of a game and said NBA. Had footwork rebounding and timing form the start.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Forever a legend.

Well done and thanks for the memories.

Reaction Score
That was fast !
My thought was possibly there is a big man ready to come in the portal but was hesitant because he wasn't positive Clingan was leaving. Donavan, being a team player, said "I got this coach"

Reaction Score
My thought was possibly there is a big man ready to come in the portal but was hesitant because he wasn't positive Clingan was leaving. Donavan, being a team player, said "I got this coach"
There was literally no one in and around college basketball that had any doubt Clingan was going pro.

Reaction Score
Who's better than this guy?
Not many. If you look at current NBA centers, there are some great ones and some bums.

Top tier is Embiid, Jokic, Anthony Davis. I don’t think Donovan can ever be that type of scorer.

I but him in the Rudy Goebert camp. Goebert is an amazing defensive player and impacts the game incredibly. That’s what NBA scouts see. He has a lot of those attributes. How does his offensive game will and can improve is the big question.

Reaction Score
Just imagine what he could have accomplished if he went to a prep school and he played with a legitimate point guard.:cool:
Everyone has their own path that works best for them, and credit UConn with his development. Tristen Newton, same story. Their games matured when it was most needed.

Consider if Clingan went to prep school and had a higher profile back then he would have a had more offers and possibly could have ended up elsewhere….

Everything worked out best for all.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This was a no-brainer. I hope he goes top-5. I don't think he'll go top-3 and a part of me hopes he doesn't because that's an awful lot of pressure. (Although he does seem to perform well under pressure!) Most importantly, I hope he goes somewhere with a good coach and good front office who put him in a position to succeed.

As for what he did here, I can't even begin to describe his importance over the past 2 seasons and especially this one. Two titles in two seasons is just insane.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I actually like that he did it now. Now he won't have to tiptoe around his future when talking to the crowd.

Thank you Donovan for everything you've done for our program and state!
Lets all those centers in the portal know that UConn's shopping.

Reaction Score
Congrats DC, can't wait to watch what's next and root for him to continue to grow and dominate in the NBA!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom