Cliff Robinson to be on survivor | The Boneyard

Cliff Robinson to be on survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"Cliff was the same way. He made a lot of references during casting to the high he got from having to win in order to eat. He’d say, ‘Because if I don’t win, I might not be asked back, and if I’m not asked back I don’t make my money, and if I don’t make my money I don’t eat. So I have to win to eat.’ And that’s the essence of Survivor: You have to win to stick around.’”

Guessing it wasn't only the competition that made him high and hungry.

Reaction Score
Looks like Uncle Cliffy needs the money these days, with the whole North Korea debacle and now this.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
CTGoonie said:
Nice. Now lets get Jim Calhoun on Big Brother.
JC would warrant his own show. There would be a lot of swearing and quite frankly the need for subtitles.

I think Khalid could be a reality superstar.

Reaction Score
I find this all pretty sad... But I do have to say that he's aged pretty well. He's looked the same for 20 years.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to it.
The guy that won a couple of years ago(asu baseball player) was the son of the women who was the cart driver at our golf course.
He was a great athlete. He could pound a golf ball but coultn't keep it straight.
His sister was a rodeo roper and a model for a jean company.

Reaction Score
There will be an immediate target on Cliff's back.... Taller, more athletic, faster than the normal participant. He really needs to work his people skills, which from his NBA days, seem to be quite good (ie. excellent teammate & personable). I can see him going farther, but when it gets down to cutting someone from your own team, people will see him as a threat.... that's just the way it goes in this game.

Reaction Score
I find this all pretty sad... But I do have to say that he's aged pretty well. He's looked the same for 20 years.
Why do you think it is sad? I guess with the N.Korea thing it seems that Cliff may have financial problems, so that would be a bummer. Or just the general attention seeking problem inherent with all reality TV.

I do think Survivor is among the least tawdry of reality programming and watching a UConn guy we all followed in Storrs and in the NBA for so long could be a lot of fun. Cliff has the personality to make it worthwhile.

Reaction Score
survivor%2028%20cast%20cbs%20660.jpg

Reaction Score
Cliff with the Line of the Episode referring to himself and his tribemate who is named Woo,

“You got to have a wingman, batman had robin, Jordan had Pippin, Cliff has Woo.”

Reaction Score
And Cliff is blindsided. However, they have been telegraphing that he was gone for the last two weeks. His team really should have kept him, since he is still one of the strongest players and he would never have been given the million dollars because everyone already knows who he is.

Reaction Score
In the episode or two I watched, Cliff was charming and well liked. He wasn't the quiet, brooding type I remember from his college days. If that persona held up, hopefully it will help him get a media job. He was very likeable and a good communicator in terms if being smooth and non controversial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom