Class always wins | The Boneyard

Class always wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They didn’t play their “A” game, but that’s happened to us in the past too during the NC game. I’m sure there’s a bunch of excellence pursuing women on the team and it bothered them they didn’t play as well as they could. No one will remember that even by next year, that just remember that Stanford won the national championship.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Stanford snuck out with the trophy being totally outplayed by a team whos best player had a subpar performance (on offense) . Az played with passion and it is a shame they just had no other offensive options

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tara seems more upset that the team didn't play well than happy that she won her first title in 29 years.
and I would agree. Does not feel like a win to me.

Reaction Score
For one - I'm glad Stanford won. I was upset with the middle finger and the "F" word. Can you imagine what would have been said if Geno pulled that. If it's not OK for Geno why is it OK for Adia?
LOL at the notion that Geno does not say that word during games. Y'all are living in fantasy land.
He has cursed out many a player during games.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For one - I'm glad Stanford won. I was upset with the middle finger and the "F" word. Can you imagine what would have been said if Geno pulled that. If it's not OK for Geno why is it OK for Adia?

what's worse? Giving a middle finger in a moment the coach thought was private.... or a coach swearing in a national podcast?

Reaction Score
The women's game is just great to watch. I have seen every mens NCAA championship final since 1965, and while I enjoy them immensely, I look forward to the women's final even more than the men'. I do have a complaint, though. The women, likely through a combination of adrenalin and a terrific work ethic, raise their intensity noticeably in the tournament. This, of course, is great. But without taking sides in any one game, I just don't think the referees up their game to match the increased intensity and speed. I get it - there is an adjustment involved, but there were just too many obvious errors not in the least involving judgment. Note this is not a run of the mill complaint about refs. If the NCAA really cared about the women's game, (and I don't think they do), they would take a hard and objective look at improving the quality of the refereeing. Again, the quality of play is sublime and only going to get better - the refs better be proactive.

Reaction Score
Agree, Sally. Seems like certain people today get a pass for being "passionate", yet obscene. If Geno, Vic, Gary, or Jeff did the same, they would be crucified! I'm talking on national TV, not in locker room, practice, etc.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The women's game is just great to watch. I have seen every mens NCAA championship final since 1965, and while I enjoy them immensely, I look forward to the women's final even more than the men'. I do have a complaint, though. The women, likely through a combination of adrenalin and a terrific work ethic, raise their intensity noticeably in the tournament. This, of course, is great. But without taking sides in any one game, I just don't think the referees up their game to match the increased intensity and speed. I get it - there is an adjustment involved, but there were just too many obvious errors not in the least involving judgment. Note this is not a run of the mill complaint about refs. If the NCAA really cared about the women's game, (and I don't think they do), they would take a hard and objective look at improving the quality of the refereeing. Again, the quality of play is sublime and only going to get better - the refs better be proactive.
While I prefer the women's game in general due to the overreliance on 1-1 and dunks, I will be glued to Gonzaga / Baylor tomorrow. No one who watches Gonzaga can say they do not play a really high level of skilled team basketball. It helps that the only one and done is Jalen Suggs but he is smarter than most seniors and a male version of Paige Bueckers. And the refereeing is better.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Well, what the "F" do I know. If you are trying to prepare your charges for life beyond basketball, you need to teach decorum. That's been UConn women's sthick for decades. CD would not allow them to disembark from the team bus with earphones on. I was a public school teacher and I was cussed out many times and it was my job to keep my cool.

Reaction Score
Anyone note the lack of emotion from Tara after the game. She did say she was not happy with how her team played, but glad for the win. But gee, such a flat affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom