Cincy HC | The Boneyard

Cincy HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice to see an accomplished coach like Tubberville was available but we are sticking with Coach P. If you are another conference who looks more committed to football now? Us or Cincy.

Reaction Score
It just seems like Herbst is doing whatever she can do to better UConn academically. I wish you could say the same thing about WM athletically. Arkansas got a good Wisconsin coach. Cincy got a good Texas Tech coach. It's not impossible to grab a good coach. There's even big name coaches without jobs available. Bobby Petrino or Gene Chizik would show UConn is serious about raising its football profile.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
While Herbst is fighting her tail off to increase our academic profile to, hopefully, upgrade to AAU acceptance, our Athletic Director is doing absolutely NOTHING while other schools' ADs are improving their athletic profile. I have no doubt that UConn will be passed over yet again by Cincinnati and USF (and probably UCF). We have to keep up here or we face being left behind for good.

Reaction Score
Actually the more I think about it ...screw it. If we win games next year that is all that is going to matter. I have a feeling that if Cincy named a young upstart as their head coach that I would go crazy as well. I think no matter what happens at this point some of us, myself included, are assuming it will be negative for UConn. I am hopping on the positive train. Coach P knows he is coaching for his life next year so I think we will see changes. Continuity will breed success. :)

F

fortebleedsblue

Actually the more I think about it ...screw it. If we win games next year that is all that is going to matter. I have a feeling that if Cincy named a young upstart as their head coach that I would go crazy as well. I think no matter what happens at this point some of us, myself included, are assuming it will be negative for UConn. I am hopping on the positive train. Coach P knows he is coaching for his life next year so I think we will see changes. Continuity will breed success. :)

As much as huskymedic supports everything that is pasqualoni .. I completely disagree. We have the last ....Let me repeat... THE LAST place offense in fbs. Pasqualoni refuses to adapt... You saw it in second half adjustments, you saw it in play calling and now you see it in keeping Deleome. The only thing that will continue (pay close attention Huskymedic) are a depleting fan base, a beyond crappy offense, and the demise of Uconn football. MARK MY WORDS ... We will continue to suck unless Warde grows some.

Reaction Score
As much as huskymedic supports everything that is pasqualoni .. I completely disagree. We have the last ....Let me repeat... THE LAST place offense in fbs. Pasqualoni refuses to adapt... You saw it in second half adjustments, you saw it in play calling and now you see it in keeping Deleome. The only thing that will continue (pay close attention Huskymedic) are a depleting fan base, a beyond crappy offense, and the demise of Uconn football. MARK MY WORDS ... We will continue to suck unless Warde grows some.

Actually I was just "liking" the point about constant negativity ("I think no matter what happens at this point some of us, myself included, are assuming it will be negative for UConn. I am hopping on the positive train") FBB that's all. I mentioned in another thread that we have 7 pages of discourse about a rumor that they are tweaking the mascot - most with the opinion that the school will screw it up.

They could have fired PP last Sunday and I wouldn't have lost any sleep... but they didn't so I'm not going to spend the next year whining about it.

Reaction Score

Everytime I take a swig of the PP koolaid I remember, "the freakin' guy doesn't even know how to manage time outs or when to take a knee".

Reaction Score
you'll know where pp is on how he treats gdl...
no change means he is going to be loyal to gdl to the end.

Reaction Score
The fact that WM is stubbornly refusing to extend Kevin Ollie while he tolerates PP's leadership of the football team is beyond comprehension.

Reaction Score
Tubberville at his press conference basically said that Cincy is going all out to put its best foot forward in conference realignment. Kind of hinted that he does not expect Cincy to remain in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Tubberville at his press conference basically said that Cincy is going all out to put its best foot forward in conference realignment. Kind of hinted that he does not expect Cincy to remain in the Big East.

We're on 2 different path's. Unless Ward and Dr Herbst know something we don't, it looks like the status-quo versus proactive leadership. I really don't know what to think but I'm not a fan of the 3-dimensional chess argument. Edit: I also realize focusing on academics and research is the other side of the coin. We'll see which approach or combination of the two appeals to other conferences. Apparently the ACC wasn't impressed but maybe the B1G will be. Maybe.

Reaction Score
PP from what folks have told me from CT and ‘Cuse is a good man and has deep connections to Connecticut HS football (yeah, like the dozen kids who are D-I recruits from CT is such a big issue); but, he is very set in his ways and 100% loyal to GDL (as a ‘Cuse fan about him, they want to burn him at the stake more than UConn fans do). UConn needs a exciting coach who will but people in the seats, promote UConn, and make Michigan & others think UConn will call something other than run right, run left 75% of the time.

Reaction Score
careful Dan people have got ten toes on the edge of the ledge around here

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
careful Dan people have got ten toes on the edge of the ledge around here

i jumped a while ago, probelm was i bashed up my brain but survived.

Reaction Score
Here's my analysis straight out of the X-Files. Cinci & UConn are trying to impress two very distinctly different cultures. Cinci is angling for a Big-12 invite & the hiring of Tubbs puts the Bearcats' best foot forward in that quest. He fits in that culture. UConn, by contrast, is trying to put its lipstick on for a B1G invite. Not canning Coach P. fits well with the land of steady habits that is B1G culture. Rich Rod didn't fit in with Michigan as he was too forward thinking & innovative. The only fly in the ointment of this hypothesis is Urban Meyer at tOSU. But I'm sure that Conspiracy Kitty has an excuse for him.;)

Reaction Score
I wasnt' so much saying I think P is a great coach, but that many of us, myself included, will react negatively to whatever happens in this mess. In other words, if Cincy hired some no name coordinator we would be saying what a great young mind he is. Not saying P is the answer, but just that I might as well be optimistic instead of constantly pessimistic, which is the way i have been. Good Sunday to all.

Reaction Score
Somebody explain to me why everyone is excited about Tuberville. Here's a guy who basically got fired from Auburn, hasn't done much at Texas Tech...I'll grant you his 2004 Auburn team has a special season, but by 2008 he couldn't win.

Reaction Score
Somebody explain to me why everyone is excited about Tuberville. Here's a guy who basically got fired from Auburn, hasn't done much at Texas Tech...I'll grant you his 2004 Auburn team has a special season, but by 2008 he couldn't win.
When was the last BE coach to come from Big10, Big12, SEC, ACC, or Pac12 who was the active HC for a program in that conference?

Cincy stepped up, and got a name for their HC. We are sticking with PP. We are competing with Cincy in the realignment push. That's the story.

Reaction Score

He was wrongly terminated at auburn. He won consistently there and dominated bama in the iron bowl during his time (the only game that matters in bama). He was only fired because Saban success at bama and war eagle wanted to stay relevant. If winning 8 games yr in Sec isn't doing much well I'd love that resume.

5 sec west titles and 1 sec title including undefeated season in 2004 where they were left out of the bcs title game. He got let go after 5-7 season andleft with 7-3 record vs bama and 5-5 vs lsu and Georgia.

yea he sucked

Reaction Score
thing is he didn't win 8 games a year in the SEC. He did that once I think. maybe twice. Won lots of those SEC west titles with 5-3 conference records in a period where Alabama was struggling. I don't think he's a bad coach, but I also don't think he's one of the elites. there are a lot of wins over Louisiana-Monroe and Vanderbilt and West Carolina and kentucky there too.

Reaction Score
85-40 (52-30 in conference) during his 10 years at Auburn. That is an average of 8.5 win to 4 losses in the most difficult conference in football.

5 SEC West titles while having Arkansas, LSU and Bama in your division. Also won 9 of his last 15 games vs top 10 teams. Tuberville is a terrific coach. He is not elite but then again how many elite coaches are there (Saban, Miles, Urban).

You cant really take what he did at Tech and say he isnt that good. He took over for Leech and Tech is basically 5th fiddle behind Texas, A&M, and TCU and Baylor

Hell Bobby Knight didnt even set the world on fire coaching there (1 sweet 16 in 5 trips to tourney and only 4 games over .500 in conference play)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom