Cincy Game Week Press Conference/Depth Chart & Tidbits | The Boneyard

Cincy Game Week Press Conference/Depth Chart & Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Playing catch-up.

Depth Chart:http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...pdf/2015-16/depth_chart_event/depth_chart.pdf

desmondconner12:01pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Hard loss to South Florida. For the game to unfold the way it did was hard

desmondconner12:02pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: The mistakes didn't happen on purpose everybody is trying hard but we don't feel like we've been beaten yet

desmondconner12:03pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Self-inflicted wounds are very preventable

desmondconner 12:04pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Preparation for Cincinnati began at 4 p.m. Sunday

NHRJimFuller12:04pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said that Arkeel Newsome, Brendan Vechery and Noel Thomas "played really well" against USF

desmondconner12:05pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: on Ormsby in his first start: Truth be told I think he's disappointed in the way he played

Reaction Score
EdDaigneault12:07pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says another taunting penalty is "just stupid." Said fix is to not play those guys who aren't getting the message.

NHRJimFuller12:08pm via TweetDeck
Poor alignment led to busted coverages for #UConn in loss to USF according to head coach Bob Diaco

GavinKeefe12:10pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco said the defense tried to do too much. Didn't do their job.

desmondconner12:11pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: remarkable 13 of 15 drives ended on opponent side of the field and produced as little points as we did (against USF)

UConnFootball12:11pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco says that the defensive performance against USF was just a blip, "that's not in our DNA."

desmondconner12:11pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on regressing: Some players are getting hit with flags, playing overaggresive, "identify them and don't play them anymore"

desmondconner12:12pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on defense regressing: 'We don't let the ball get outside of us and we let the ball get outside of us."

Reaction Score
desmondconner12:14pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Monday meeting did involve discussion on play-calling "have to move forward in all areas"

desmondconner12:15pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: we're not a pressure, up the field operation (on defense) but doesn't mean we're not a turnover operation

NHRJimFuller12:16pm via TweetDeck
Better understanding of assignments has led #UConn to create more turnovers according to HC Bob Diaco

UConnFootball12:17pm via TweetDeck
Diaco credits ball protection to the players, "They practice that way, and do a real good job protecting the ball."

Reaction Score
UConnFootball 12:22pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco: on Cincinnati's offense, "They're awesome on offense. They have the best group of wide receivers we've seen all season."

GavinKeefe12:22pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco on Cincinnati: "You've got match-up issues in every single spot."

desmondconner 12:22pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Cincinnati has a big offensive line and talented backs

desmondconner 12:24pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on Cincy two QBs Kiel and Moore :similar arm strength, body-size, Hayden may run the ball more

Reaction Score
Given this, how does McLean not make the two-deep? What he's shown us so far in limited time has been pretty impressive.

They made a change this week on depth chart for one set of WR by adding "or" between Beals and Mayala. The other set is still Thomas and Lemelle so that's strange. He is also still listed as primary PR w/ Tyraiq Beals

Reaction Score
Interesting, this group of Cincy WR's is better than what we went against at BYU?

I hope he's bluffing.

Reaction Score
From the tweets it sounds like Diaco was a little more critical of Saturday's performance than he has been previously. I don't see the over the top positive message as in previous weeks.

Reaction Score
From the tweets it sounds like Diaco was a little more critical of Saturday's performance than he has been previously. I don't see the over the top positive message as in previous weeks.

They said he was the angriest most of them have seen him after the game...

Reaction Score
HCBD on AAC Coaches' Call (bit longer than most due to Cincy connection)

Reaction Score
Interesting, this group of Cincy WR's is better than what we went against at BYU?

I hope he's bluffing.
These are the best group of recievers I've ever seen at UC in my 16 years of following the team. UC goes 7 deep at reciever and if you don't pressure the QB, be it Kiel or Moore, UConn will be picked apart. If UConn can get good, consistent pressure, the Huskies might be able to hang around for a quarter. Kiel and Moore leave a lot to be desired when under pressure.

Reaction Score
BYU's receivers were good, not great. What made them difficult for us, and every other team not named Michigan, is that they are really tall. Michigan seemed to feel that if you hit them early and took them off their routes, it messed with their timing. As for Cincy, putting pressure on the QB is not what we are doing, at least not in Diaco's Defensive Strategies 201. My guess is that the D strategy will be more bend and hopefully don't break combined with a ball control, possession type O.

Reaction Score
These are the best group of recievers I've ever seen at UC in my 16 years of following the team. UC goes 7 deep at reciever and if you don't pressure the QB, be it Kiel or Moore, UConn will be picked apart. If UConn can get good, consistent pressure, the Huskies might be able to hang around for a quarter. Kiel and Moore leave a lot to be desired when under pressure.

Cincy is rated the #1 3-3 team in the country

Reaction Score
I firmly believe they have prioritized the depth chart to come just after toothbrush checks in the bathroom. McLean is included in the 2 deep on the field
Thinking along the same lines, what we have seen so far, remember when Peart surfaced on the two deep? The pre game "depth chart" seems to mean a whole lot of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom