Ciera Johnson to Louisville | The Boneyard

Ciera Johnson to Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Hoopgurlz #15, PN# 33, Blue Star #31

Rest of her final 7 was - Texas A&M, Texas, Louisville, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Duke, South Carolina

Does this mean Louisville is out on Cox?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
darn darn darn :oops:

I thought she would end up in Durham.... but oh well... cant get them all

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Yes, Lousville is out for Cox. Their class is complete.

From what I was told, Walz knew Cox wasn't going to Louisville, and has known for awhile. Accepting Johnson's verbal shows that.

I know many will take it with a grain of salt.

Also, Kiara Lewis committed to Ohio State today.

Reaction Score
Yes, Lousville is out for Cox. Their class is complete.

From what I was told, Walz knew Cox wasn't going to Louisville, and has known for awhile. Accepting Johnson's verbal shows that.

I know many will take it with a grain of salt.

Also, Kiara Lewis committed to Ohio State today.

Who are the finalist for Cox ?

Reaction Score

Hoopgurlz #15, PN# 33, Blue Star #31

Rest of her final 7 was - Texas A&M, Texas, Louisville, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Duke, South Carolina

Does this mean Louisville is out on Cox?

Johnson's finalists were Louisville, ND, Texas, and Texas A&M. See http://www.scout.com/college/louisville/story/1598611-walz-scores-another-top-20-commitment

Two Louisville beat writers confirm what mtsuraider06 says—Louisville is done with 2016. No Cox and no Jensen Caretti either. Caretti took her first official visit to Ohio State over the weekend, with Kiara Lewis. Lewis picked Ohio State over Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas A&M.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see Caretti end up and Pitt or Rutgers.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Johnson's finalists were Louisville, ND, Texas, and Texas A&M. See http://www.scout.com/college/louisville/story/1598611-walz-scores-another-top-20-commitment

Two Louisville beat writers confirm what mtsuraider06 says—Louisville is done with 2016. No Cox and no Jensen Caretti either. Caretti took her first official visit to Ohio State over the weekend, with Kiara Lewis. Lewis picked Ohio State over Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas A&M.

Thanks for the info. I thought Johnson had cut to 5 at one point, but I didn't remember where to find it.

I feel like I should have known more about Lewis given that she's from Whitney Young, which is not too far from me on the near west side of Chicago. My old job was a stone's throw away and I walked by or through their campus all the time.

Reaction Score
Yes, Louisville's roster is full now for the next two years. At his point, less any transfers next season, the Cards will have only one scholarship available for '17-'18 season.

Briahanna Jackson, the transfer from Central Florida, is not officially announced yet, but it appears she is part of the team. She's practicing with them everyday. She will be eligible this season and likely help us, with our youth.

The Cards will be very, very, very young, but very good. I doubt we'll make any noise come March this year, but we're hopeful to start getting back to the championship game again after this season. We're also hopeful we can finally give UConn a game in the final.

Part of what's killed us against UConn is height, among other things, but we're getting there. The '16-'17 team will have a 6'5", three 6'4"s, two 6'3" and a 6'2" (Hines-Allen). It will likely total at least five, maybe six, even seven McD AA women.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Caretti also has SC on her short list.. and we lose 4 guards and a post this year. We're not incredibly deep at Caretti's position (Wing?) and Dawn Staley is warming up the engine (landed her first 5 star of 2016 yesterday).

Ohio State is big with Caretti but keep an eye on SC here. Just sayin'

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
I'm not sure OSU gets Caretti since Lewis committed yesterday.

I've heard she likes Pitt a lot.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
I will be shocked if Louisville doesn't see some transfers. Way too many bigs on the team, and not enough minutes to go around.

Reaction Score
I will be shocked if Louisville doesn't see some transfers. Way too many bigs on the team, and not enough minutes to go around.

Walton could graduate this year. The freshman bigs will develop and will have plenty of competition for playing time next year. Everyone expects freshman to play like seniors, there is an adjustment period.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure OSU gets Caretti since Lewis committed yesterday.

I've heard she likes Pitt a lot.
I think Lewis's commitment to OSU has more of an impact on Tyasha Harris than Caretti. You can pretty much cross OSU off Harris's list.

Reaction Score
I think Walz told the last three or four bigs they were the "missing piece". ;)

Yes, and we also have five guards in two classes. There are eleven players in the last two classes with nine of them in the top 50 and about seven of them in the top 30 in their class. I think it's easy to say there will be transfers.

I think everyone wants to find the key to achieving what Geno has done, but Walz is certainly not taking the route of Geno on this one. I've noted for years Geno seldom keeps over 10 to 12 on his roster. I'm a bit concerned, but I'm certainly not one to question anything Walz does. He's no Geno YET, but we're hopeful, if another Geno and UConn can step forward it will be Louisville.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
from the ESPN article:

"Johnson is no stranger to winning. She was part of a 105-game winning streak at Duncanville, which ended when Johnson was a sophomore."

And who did it end at against? None other than Brianna Turner and Manvel.

I hope Ciera is emotionally prepared to lose to Brianna again. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
from the ESPN article:

"Johnson is no stranger to winning. She was part of a 105-game winning streak at Duncanville, which ended when Johnson was a sophomore."

And who did it end at against? None other than Brianna Turner and Manvel.

I hope Ciera is emotionally prepared to lose to Brianna again. :cool:
Duncanville was Tamika Catchings' HS also.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Duncanville was Tamika Catchings' HS also.

They've got quite an assembly line. Als0 in that Duncanville v. Manvel state title game were two Longorns HS All-Americans, Ariel Atkins (Duncanville) and Jordan Hosey (Manvel).

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Based on the article, it appears that Ohio State will be opening the season with its first two games against South Carolina and UConn.

That is a pretty ambitious way to begin your season. Congratulations to their coaching staff for rising to the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom