3. Greenwich
4. Hand
5. Ansonia
6. Masuk
7. Killingly
8. Middletown
9. Windsor
10. New Canaan
Nice list, though you know SCC fans will scream bloody murder putting Greenwich in front of Hand. I see your logic though, Greenwich would beat Hand. I would put Killingly in front of Masuk.

Reaction Score
Nice list, though you know SCC fans will scream bloody murder putting Greenwich in front of Hand. I see your logic though, Greenwich would beat Hand. I would put Killingly in front of Masuk.
1-5 are set. it's just a matter of where they end up. Darien has to be #1, and since it's St. Joes only loss they have to be #2. 6-10 gets dicey

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm not reading 9 pages and I grew up in ffld cty and really only follow the FCIAC. When was the last time Ansonia lost a State Championship game? Didn't St Joe's have an early season loss or two?

Reaction Score
I'm not reading 9 pages and I grew up in ffld cty and really only follow the FCIAC. When was the last time Ansonia lost a State Championship game? Didn't St Joe's have an early season loss or two?
Ansonia lost 2 years ago & 3 years ago

Joe's only lost to Darien, who won LL and only lost to New Canaan, who lost to Masuk in the semis, who just lost to Hand in the L finals

hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
David Summers is the best QB in the state, hands down, and that's including Drew Pyne. Ansonia won't be able to defend the pass AND contain Summers, who is a great runner.
Well, at least you were right about Summers. He is by far the best QB I saw all year. The kid is tremendous.

In the end the better team won. SJ was battle tested and better conditioned. They never wavered from what they do even down 28-7. Ansonia played great early but ran out of gas. Dobbs is great, but Ansonia got away from what they do best in the second half. They continued to get behind the chains and don’t throw well enough to keep SJ honest on defense. SJ made the adjustments, Ansonia never did. It looked to me like, up 28-7, they stopped playing “Ansonia” football. SJ just stayed the course and were always confident that they could score. When SJ cut it to 28-21, you could sense they were going to get the lead at some point.

It was an entertaining game. It lived up to the hype. I thought Ansonia would have to play perfect to win. Obviously, that didn’t happen. There were a lot of people who thought SJ would pound them. It was far from that. Although I hoped for an Ansonia win, I wasn’t disappointed that SJ won. My best friend’s kid plays WR there. I rooted for SJ all season, just not tonight.

Two great CT high school programs.

Happy Holidays guys!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, at least you were right about Summers. He is by far the best QB I saw all year. The kid is tremendous.

In the end the better team won. SJ was battle tested and better conditioned (which They never wavered from what they do even down 28-7. Ansonia played great early but ran out of gas. Dobbs is great, but Ansonia got away from what they do best in the second half. SJ made adjustments, Ansonia never did. It looked to me like, up 28-7, they stopped playing “Ansonia” football. SJ stayed the course.

It was an entertaining game. It lived up to the hype. I thought Ansonia would have to play perfect to win. Obviously, that didn’t happen. There were a lot of people who thought SJ would pound them. It was far from that. Although I hoped for an Ansonia win, I wasn’t disappointed that SJ won. My best friend’s kid plays WR there. I rooted for SJ all season, just not tonight.

Happy Holidays guys!!!
Brocket hasn't helped his reputation of not being able to get it done in the big games. Why did he have dobbs throw the ball so often? I have to think Lopez was hurt in the mid 3rd-quarter on. If he wasn't, going to the single wing was a strange decision.

Reaction Score

In the end the better team won. SJ was battle tested and better conditioned. They never wavered from what they do even down 28-7. Ansonia played great early but ran out of gas. Dobbs is great, but Ansonia got away from what they do best in the second half. They continued to get behind the chains and don’t throw well enough to keep SJ honest on defense. SJ made the adjustments, Ansonia never did. It looked to me like, up 28-7, they stopped playing “Ansonia” football. SJ just stayed the course and were always confident that they could score. When SJ cut it to 28-21, you could sense they were going to get the lead at some point.

Happy Holidays guys!!!

St Joe's started the first half by scoring, marched right down the field. Then the refs call like ten penalties in a row on them, and all of sudden Ansonia leads. The capper and a backbreaker for St Joe's was the holding call after Mallozi scampered 60 yards down field, late in the half.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Little doubt on why Joyce wasn't named CT Gatorade POY.

Reaction Score
In the Darien coach’s defense he did sit his qb for 30 seconds in the state playoffs. It’s all about life lessons. Those 30 seconds shows there are consequences for bad decisions. (Before a Darien apologist chimes in, I know he was suspended for the thanksgiving game. Just think it’s embarrassing the coach say him for a minute in state playoff game)

Reaction Score

Jacobs doesn't know what he's talking about. He doesn't have all the info he needs to make a fair assessment of what happened between the Darien players and the kid from New Canaan.

Reaction Score
Jacobs doesn't know what he's talking about. He doesn't have all the info he needs to make a fair assessment of what happened between the Darien players and the kid from New Canaan.

Did the Darien players go to the NC player's house looking for trouble?
Did they punch the kid's face in?

I have all the information I need.

Reaction Score

All 3 kids would have been kicked off of most teams. It's not like a scuffle broke out spontaneously. They left where they were to go fight.

Reaction Score

Your information is not correct, only one of three players actually hit the New Canaan kid. You also don't know that two of the three Darien players went back to the New Canaan kids house the next morning, apologized, and they all shook on it. Ok dufus? There also was a young lady involved.

Reaction Score
Your information is not correct, only one of three players actually hit the New Canaan kid. You also don't know that two of the three Darien players went back to the New Canaan kids house the next morning, apologized, and they all shook on it. Ok dufus? There also was a young lady involved.

You have just confirmed my 2 points.
Thank you!

All other information is irrelevant.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Which of the 3 players is the criminal and should be charged with assault, if we may know?

If you go and apologize for your crime the day after you committed it and they shake your hand, all is forgiven? Clean Slate?

Which of the 3 players didn't apologize?

And if there was a young lady involved, null and void on the entire assault.

Do you have any other excuses for these punks?

Reaction Score
Which of the 3 players is the criminal and should be charged with assault, if we may know?

If you go and apologize for your crime the day after you committed it and they shake your hand, all is forgiven? Clean Slate?

Which of the 3 players didn't apologize?

And if there was a young lady involved, null and void on the entire assault.

Do you have any other excuses for these punks?
No, you may not know!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom