CIAC State Playoff Games Set (Official) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

CIAC State Playoff Games Set (Official)

Reaction Score
Those pequot schools are so bad I probably could have filled in at QB
The QB from Stafford was pretty good actually. They just couldn’t keep him upright after the first quarter. Heck of a player though and only a junior.

Reaction Score
The QB from Stafford was pretty good actually. They just couldn’t keep him upright after the first quarter. Heck of a player though and only a junior.
I meant to hand the ball off to Dobbs lol

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Stafford was good this year, not great. They have a good qb and some complimentary pieces. Pequot was a little down this year compared to previous years and teams did get to semis, so not a bad showing.

Reaction Score
I meant to hand the ball off to Dobbs lol
Lol. Ansonia did a good job limiting Dobb’s and Amaya’s carries today. They had nine different RBs touch the ball today, before the JVs and Frosh entered the game in the 3Q.

Reaction Score
Stafford was good this year, not great. They have a good qb and some complimentary pieces. Pequot was a little down this year compared to previous years and teams did get to semis, so not a bad showing.
They’ll be pretty good again next year. I was very impressed with the QB. He’s a legit dual threat if given time. They also played with a lot of fight, unlike last year. The score aside, they were much improved from last year and should only get better. They definitely have some pieces to work with.

Reaction Score
some people are really desperate to make excuses for New Canaan

Reaction Score
Happy for the SWC which didn't have multiple contenders this year but the teams that made it have played very well. And actually have a shot to win.

Reaction Score
Happy for the SWC which didn't have multiple contenders this year but the teams that made it have played very well. And actually have a shot to win.
The league has been down for a few years so it's nice to see a couple teams in the finals. I don't know if the league will ever be as good as it was in the mid-late 00's though

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Good luck to Brian Casagrande and Hand Hs hopefully he ends his career with a title

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Those pequot schools are so bad I probably could have filled in at QB
Uncalled for comment. Stafford’s turnaround these last two years has been remarkable, coming from decades of losing records and being the punching bag for the rest of the Pequot. Just making the playoffs and getting a win in their second playoff appearance is great for the town and the program. Guessing you’re from the southern part of the state that pretend the northern towns don’t exist outside of Storrs. No one expected them to win or compete, but to just get to the state semifinals from where this team was for decades is an amazing accomplishment. No need to knock them or any other Pequot program for that matter who generally have less talent to work with.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Uncalled for comment. Stafford’s turnaround these last two years has been remarkable, coming from decades of losing a records and being the punching bag for the rest of the Pequot. To just get a playoff appearance and a win in their second appearance is great for the town and the program. Guessing you’re from the southern part of the state that pretend the northern towns don’t exist outside of Storrs.
I'm sorry but it's the truth. Their league is really bad and their teams rarely show up when making it into the playoffs.

1. FCIAC/SCC Tier 1
2. SWC/CCC/SCC Tier 2
3. ECC/NVL/SCC Tier 3
4. Pequot
5. CTC

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but it's the truth. Their league is really bad and their teams rarely show up when making it into the playoffs.

1. FCIAC/SCC Tier 1
2. SWC/CCC/SCC Tier 2
3. ECC/NVL/SCC Tier 3
4. Pequot
5. CTC
Wow. You must be one of those people who believe UConn should play all their home games in Bridgeport. These are just kids from really small towns with very small talent bases. I don’t care if it’s the truth that’s besides the point, it’s just wrong that some people think the way you do here. I’m truly sorry, you seem to be too ignorant to realize that. I’m sorry that these schools are ruining the state playoffs for you, I’m sure they’d love to play their own tournament they could actually compete in but that’s not a luxury they have at the moment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow. You must be one of those people who believe UConn should play all their home games in Bridgeport. These are just kids from really small towns with very small talent bases. I don’t care if it’s the truth that’s besides the point, it’s just wrong that some people think the way you do here. I’m truly sorry, you seem to be too ignorant to realize that.
I'm sorry that reality offends you

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I'm sorry that reality offends you
Have a good night buddy. Unbelievable. Have a good life living in your bubble, making fun of other people’s kids and homes. Assume you voted for trump? Reality doesn’t offend me, ignorance annoys me.

Reaction Score
Have a good night buddy. Unbelievable. Have a good life living in your bubble, making fun of other people’s kids and homes.
You have some sort of complex. When did I make fun of anyones home? I just said they don't play good football

Reaction Score

Based on fan voting the only way to make a buck is to pick Barlow and Ansonia!!! Ansonia not going to like that much. Love every final but LL. Something about Darien Gnch doesn't inspire me.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
You have some sort of complex. When did I make fun of anyones home? I just said they don't play good football
They play good football- the problem is they don't have the amount of kids the big schools do. So they don't have the speed and size these bigger programs have.

I guess I think Yale and Harvard play good football. I also think good FCS programs play good football. It's just a different level than the SEC or Big 10.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything about where the state finals might be played?

Reaction Score
They play good football- the problem is they don't have the amount of kids the big schools do. So they don't have the speed and size these bigger programs have.

I guess I think Yale and Harvard play good football. I also think good FCS programs play good football. It's just a different level than the SEC or Big 10.

Even accounting for size the teams just generally aren't as good in that part of the state. VR/OL is the only team from the pequot that is consistent. Take Notre-Dame Fairfield, perennial doormat in the SWC and put them in the Pequot and they'd make the playoffs every year.

Reaction Score
Even accounting for size the teams just generally aren't as good in that part of the state. VR/OL is the only team from the pequot that is consistent. Take Notre-Dame Fairfield, perennial doormat in the SWC and put them in the Pequot and they'd make the playoffs every year.
Notre Dame of Fairfield was a state power back in the late 50's, 60's and 70's. Won a couple state championships IIRC, and was ranked almost every year from 1960 to about 1975. Times have changed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom