Christy Thomaskutty & Beth Mowins | The Boneyard

Christy Thomaskutty & Beth Mowins

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I re-watched the game today and noted how well Thomaskutty and Mowins called the game. They praised either team after a good play and at no time showed any kind of favoritism. Mowins has, when paired with a different partner, rambled off topic but yesterday was on point and interesting. I enjoyed the studio crew as well. Andraya Carter is moving into Kara Lawson territory for Respected Journalist from Tennessee

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I think the quality of the game announcers, taken collectively, is much improved over the past. Beth is one of my favorites.

Dave O'Brien is back, and he teams well with Rebecca Lobo and Kristy Winters-Scott.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
One nitpick re christy and beth: They didn't call Nesh's block at all. That was an outstanding hustle play and once again, she didn't get appropriate credit for it.

Reaction Score
I agree they did a good job on the game, but they both really need to do their work on studying up the players names before calling a game.

I heard Dorka called Jorka Duhasz twice, called Azzi "Fuzz" instead of Fudd and they called Aaliyah by the wrong last name once or twice as well.

I would expect at the bare minimum you know the players names if you are going to call an NCAA Tourney game.

Reaction Score
I re-watched the game today and noted how well Thomaskutty and Mowins called the game. They praised either team after a good play and at no time showed any kind of favoritism. Mowins has, when paired with a different partner, rambled off topic but yesterday was on point and interesting. I enjoyed the studio crew as well. Andraya Carter is moving into Kara Lawson territory for Respected Journalist from Tennessee
Except they're both literally nails on a chalkboard. Other than that...

Reaction Score
Beth and Christy are enjoyable to listen to.
Mowins has been around for years (she’s 55) as an announcer/play by play in women’s college basketball. I remember her calling several big UConn/Tennessee games with Peck or Lobo.

Reaction Score
I agree they did a good job on the game, but they both really need to do their work on studying up the players names before calling a game.

I heard Dorka called Jorka Duhasz twice, called Azzi "Fuzz" instead of Fudd and they called Aaliyah by the wrong last name once or twice as well.

I would expect at the bare minimum you know the players names if you are going to call an NCAA Tourney game.
The Fuzz call got me laughing. Reminded me of a game I learned at storrs called fuzzy duck

Reaction Score

Maybe they learned their craft from Curt Gowdy. Back in the day Gowdy was calling an NCAA game with Kansas (can’t remember the opponent), and he kept referring to Kansas as “the Jayhawkers”, and kept calling Darnell Valentine “Wilmer”. He was also hilarious when he called baseball, when the Red Sox lost the 1975 World Series, he said on air that “their future is ahead of them”.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom