Christian Vital | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Christian Vital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We could really use another guard. We only have two guards signed or on the roster past next season - Adams and Gilbert.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I know this is nitpicky, but while Alterique is a McD AA, he's not considered a 5-star in any of the systems.
I was surprised to see that you're right. I feel like he was a 5-star in at least one or two of them last fall, but he's slid out of the top 30 and down to a 4-star across the board.

FWIW, one of the services still has Durham as a 5-star.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I was surprised to see that you're right. I feel like he was a 5-star in at least one or two of them last fall, but he's slid out of the top 30 and down to a 4-star across the board.

FWIW, one of the services still has Durham as a 5-star.
It's because there's a lot of really good guards in 2016, more than the last few classes. In 2015, he'd be top 20 and easily a 5 star. Lonzo Ball, De'Aaron Fox, Frank Jackson and Kobi Simmons are all crazy good PG's. He's a 5* caliber player.

Reaction Score
@Ricker you must have seen this kid before, granted you may not have paid attention to him. Anything to share?

I didn't see St Thomas More in person this year. Last year 3x but I was focused on Enoch/Adams, Enoch/Brown etc. As you say, I wasn't paying attention.

Reaction Score
What does it take to be considered a "good perimeter rebounder"?

I guess it's someone who hangs around in case of long rebounds rather than already on the hash mark waiting for the outlet?

Reaction Score
2 new crystal ball picks to UConn for this kid.

There's the St. Thomas More connection between him and Enoch, but he also follows Terry Larrier, Jalen Adams, and Mamadou (and Enoch, too), so he does have a connection with some of the players on the team, too.

Wonder if he'll be visiting any time soon.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Did he ever sign a letter of intent? If so, would he have to sit out a year before playing here? This kid seems like he'd be a great fit here from reading the analysis.

Reaction Score
Steve Pikiell, Wojo, McCaffrey, Pitino, Avery Johnson to start? He must have some game.

Reaction Score

I don't believe this has been posted, but it shows a bit more variety than the other video I saw of him. Some nice passes near the end, along with crashing the offensive boards and playing the passing lanes. Not much you can take from mixtapes, although I like his release. It seems simple, quick, and he gets a nice spin of the ball.

Reaction Score

I honestly feel bad for Pikiell. I mean this is the reaction when someone gets a Rutgers offer now.

If there was a tweet that was just "Coach Ollie offered me a scholarship tonight." would you be giving up hope? Are you comparing it to his other reactions or something?

Reaction Score
If there was a tweet that was just "Coach Ollie offered me a scholarship tonight." would you be giving up hope? Are you comparing it to his other reactions or something?
Yeah, I should have clarified, but it was a contrast thing. Also it wasn't too serious of a post to begin with. Example:

Reaction Score
I'm never one to be too concerned with crystal ball picks, but two top guys, Meyer and Slater, gave us a pick for Vital, along with another guy Agnoli.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm never one to be too concerned with crystal ball picks, but two top guys, Meyer and Slater, gave us a pick for Vital, along with another guy Agnoli.
Agnoli doesn't make a lot of predictions, but he seems to be right quite often about guys who are Rutgers targets -- and we know Vital is exactly that.

I'd be very happy with an ultra-competitive, hard-nosed combo guard as the fifth member of this class. Get it done, KO!

EDIT: And I just want to point out that one of KO's previous recruiting weaknesses was the ability to get in on players late, or decommits, and reel them in. He's consistently gotten his first-choice guys, and this past class we've seen what he can do with a full staff and no sanctions. But even against smaller/lesser schools, he hasn't had a ton of success getting in the game late.

If he lands Vital, that narrative will have changed.

Reaction Score
Agnoli doesn't make a lot of predictions, but he seems to be right quite often about guys who are Rutgers targets -- and we know Vital is exactly that.

I'd be very happy with an ultra-competitive, hard-nosed combo guard as the fifth member of this class. Get it done, KO!

EDIT: And I just want to point out that one of KO's previous recruiting weaknesses was the ability to get in on players late, or decommits, and reel them in. He's consistently gotten his first-choice guys, and this past class we've seen what he can do with a full staff and no sanctions. But even against smaller/lesser schools, he hasn't had a ton of success getting in the game late.

If he lands Vital, that narrative will have changed.
Yeah KO is becoming a really great recruiter. Another ball handler to round out this class woukd be amazing, don't know much about the guy but hopefully he can penetrate and give some good spot minutes.

Reaction Score
First team nepsac aaa and a long list of high major offers ... This would definitely be a great signing. good size too

Reaction Score
now that's a name for you

We'd have to bring in Perry Ellis for a couple years then, ,with Chistian Vital and Vidal-Sassoon - OOO LA LA

Maybe we bring in Espo and Ron Dugay to coach these guys?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
06e6645f-8ea1-4f51-b728-f8c1d94445a1-2060x1236.jpeg

"Love me some UConn."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics