Christian Vital signs with Grizzlies | The Boneyard

Christian Vital signs with Grizzlies

Status
Not open for further replies.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The athletic gave him a pat Beverly comp.

That’s the high end.

But there’s a roll for him on the right team.

But it’s more like when you have a ball handle like Lebron on Ben Simmons or even harden I guess who are so ball dominant in a non traditional pg role

Reaction Score
If CV was 6’5” he’d have been a draft pick. I’m so glad he’s getting a shot though because he plays much bigger than he his. Does anyone know if he’ll be playing in these preseason games or just G-league when the season starts.

Reaction Score
Grizzlies signed someone yesterday and then waived them today. Kinda weird. This may not be a permanent thing, so don't get your hopes up too high for him.

Vital, who spent his college career at UConn, averaging 16.4 PPG, 6.3 RPG, and 2.5 SPG in 31 games (32.2 MPG) as a senior in 2019/20. He went undrafted last month, and now looks like a strong candidate to end up with the Memphis Hustle, the Grizzlies’ G League affiliate. The same is true of Smith, who had just signed with the Grizzlies on Tuesday.

It’s not uncommon to see players being released a day or two after they’re signed at this time of year. Signing a player to an Exhibit 10 contract and then cutting him allows an NBA team to secure the player’s G League affiliate rights if they don’t already belong to another NBAGL club, or to line up a $50K bonus for returning-rights players.

Seems likely he ends up with their G league team on an exhibit 10 contract.

Reaction Score
Grizzlies signed someone yesterday and then waived them today. Kinda weird. This may not be a permanent thing, so don't get your hopes up too high for him.
For me the contract is all that matters. I know its much different for him, but I was a doubter.

This was a contract earned and rewarded to him based on his 'work'. After his freshman year he thought about going pro, and I laughed at him, and even felt he wouldn't even get a sniff from an NBA team (ever). I know I'm not alone.

Just saying he may never see the floor but he signed an NBA contract! So proud of him and now I'm trying to finish this nasty arse, humble pie he just served me.

Happy for him, and can see him smiling but knowing him he's not satisfied with just a contract.

Reaction Score
Christian deserves it, had a feeling he'd get a G League shot after he returned home from overseas after a few games

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Number ten on the all time Husky scoring list and number 5 for steals. I don’t think many of us saw that for CV when he committed. So happy for the kid. The definition of hard-work and effort paying off. Congrats CV!

Reaction Score
The athletic gave him a pat Beverly comp.

That’s the high end.

But there’s a roll for him on the right team.

But it’s more like when you have a ball handle like Lebron on Ben Simmons or even harden I guess who are so ball dominant in a non traditional pg role
Beverley is absolutely who he needs to pattern his game on. He needs to be a total bulldog in your face guard defensively, to the point he pisses people off and then knock down threes on the other end.

Funny aside, I had an uber driver and she started talking basketball with me. Turns out she's Beverley's aunt, she had a lot of good stories about him and her getting to be a part of some cool NBA stuff.

Reaction Score
It’s too bad he’s not like 2 or 3 inches taller, because man he’s got a lot of nice traits for the NBA.
but that's what makes pro athletes special....they have it all...there are a LOT of guys in FB & BB that would be pros if they were only x inches taller, or y seconds faster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom