Christian Haynes to Seattle Seahawks | The Boneyard

Christian Haynes to Seattle Seahawks

Reaction Score
This seems perfect for him. Really happy for what seems to be a fine young man.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Great news for the program!

Cheers GIF

Reaction Score

-> “Christian Haynes is a good player — smart, tough, reliable, length, explosiveness, great pass protector, plays with some nasty,” said John Schneider, the Seahawks GM who took Haynes in the third round of the NFL Draft on Friday, the 81st pick overall. “He’s played a ton of ball, I know exactly how many, 1,687 snaps. The guy’s really, really experienced and there was full buy in, our coaches, scouting, analytics (people), his profile is amazing.”

UConn won only 12 of the 49 games Haynes started. His second season was canceled due to COVID, he played through a tumultuous coaching change and while dozens of teammates transferred out, he stayed put, determined to make something of himself, and the best of his situation.

“I’m a big loyalty guy,” Haynes told reporters on a ZOOM call in the wee hours Saturday morning, “and not leaving UConn, that was one of my big things. I wanted to show you can make it anywhere you’ve been. UConn gave me that loyalty, gave me that opportunity to play and I wanted to leave my legacy there.” <-

Reaction Score
While dozens of his teammates transferred out, he stayed. “UConn gave me that loyalty, gave me that opportunity to play and I wanted to leave my legacy there.”
In today’s shifting portal landscape that attitude, displayed especially by a prominent player, will be viewed as valuable character asset.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
High praise from The Ringer: "The Seahawks lacked a second-round pick, but got great value in the third round with offensive guard Christian Haynes, a plug-and-play starter at a position of need. "

Reaction Score

-> G/C Christian Haynes (Round 3, Pick 81)- One of top-two IOL zone scheme fits in 2024 class (w/ Duke's G. Barton) should plug in as immediate solid starter at RG. Durable, reliable, & NFL-ready with 49 straight starts. Plays with an edge. Proved in Mobile he can function at center. <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom