Chris Mullin in the huddle | The Boneyard

Chris Mullin in the huddle

Reaction Score
The Chris Mullin whispers look justified as St. John’s collapses
There have always been whispers around the program about how engaged Mullin really is. These whispers become louder when you see an image like the one Fox broadcast Sunday, Mullin tying his shoes in a timeout as assistant Greg St. Jean ran the huddle. At best, that’s a terrible look. At worst, it’s an awful harbinger.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Mullen never really runs the huddles. It’s not new.

He’ll stand off to the side pretty often - that just seems to be the way they do things.

Reaction Score
Mullen never really runs the huddles. It’s not new.

He’ll stand off to the side pretty often - that just seems to be the way they do things.
So his assistant coaches are the ones recruiting and running the game. This guy won’t last long, even if he can turn things around this season

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I would say he doesn’t have much time left but I’m not sure enough people care about St. John’s basketball to notice.

Reaction Score
Amazing how many people who don't do the job or never have been a coach at a D1 level seem to know so much about the job and how to do it
This is "I have nothing better but to dis people" bs
Very astute! Wow!

Reaction Score
He was never a coach correct? I thought he worked in the front office in the Nba.

Reaction Score
I would say he doesn’t have much time left but I’m not sure enough people care about St. John’s basketball to notice.

MSG sounded pretty electric today to me.

pj

Reaction Score
In a lot of organizations you can have a "face man" at the top with all the real work done by his lieutenants. This is often done in politics. But in basketball limited to only four coaches, assigning all the work to assistants is a real disadvantage compared to programs with four hard working coaches. I don't know if the Mullin-Richmond NBA glamor provides enough recruiting oomph to make up for it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Chris Mullen has some athletes and even though the team has been losing all the games are close. I don't know if he's a good coach or not but he's getting players.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
Mullin is clearly not an X and O guy, St. Jean has been handling this stuff in the huddles all season. Recruiting well, so he is definitely the face of the program.

Off-topic... St. Jean will be a head coach somewhere, college or NBA, one day. So, good for him getting some experience!!

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Hurley does the same thing. Most of the time he stands outside of the huddle and talks with one of the coaches or refs. Sometimes just takes a breather.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hurley does the same thing. Most of the time he stands outside of the huddle and talks with one of the coaches or refs. Sometimes just takes a breather.

This phraseology made me chuckle. No plays off. Dude works.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
His name is Chris Mullin. It's not hard, his name is screwed up every single time he's brought up here
You have to start thinking of it like a feature, not a bug. You should be thankful that Carlos Daniel's tenure was brief. Who else?

Reaction Score
His name is Chris Mullin. It's not hard, his name is screwed up every single time he's brought up here
Name spelling can be forgiven but there does seem to be a spelling problem in this country.

Reaction Score

Are you only watching the start of a timeout? He does this and then leads the huddle. St. Jean consistently leads St. John’s timeouts and generally picks up the slack for recruiting. That’s why Mullin is getting attention for this. Fair or not, there are already people who question his overall engagement.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom