Chip Kelley article with UCONN mention | The Boneyard

Chip Kelley article with UCONN mention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Who knew? Chip Kelly was offered an assistant coaching job at UCONN? (Can you imagine Kelly as OC with Randy Edsall?) This is a good lesson for UCONN as they search for the next head coach that talent exists in lower levels of football.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sbnation/SBNation_20130924_Perfecting_the_formula__How_Eagles_coach_Chip_Kelly_used_New_Hampshire_as_his_laboratory_to_create_one_of_football_s_most_prolific_offenses.html#ZAM1yrZF2VvbG2ws.99

You link wasn't working.

Here's the mention. Long ass article. Interesting but long.

Naturally, success brought suitors. Both the University of Connecticut and the New York Giants reportedly wanted Kelly to join them as an assistant, and he said no to both.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...st_prolific_offenses.html#ZAM1yrZF2VvbG2ws.99

Reaction Score
It has been brought up here before about Edsall offering Chip Kelly a job, Big thing that is mentioned in that article is the quote by McDonnell as to why Kelly was turning diwn job offers before Oregon..he wanted "Autonomy". You know he wasn't getting that from Edsall and Coughlin.

Reaction Score
I am all for taking coaches from the lower ranks. There are a lot of talented coaches in the lower levels.

Chip Kelly, Brian Kelly, Jim Tressel, and Paul Johnson, just to name a few got their start there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It needs to be one of those "I always knew" guys, even if he's a few years away. The right people know who these guys are.

Reaction Score
Who knew? Chip Kelly was offered an assistant coaching job at UCONN? (Can you imagine Kelly as OC with Randy Edsall?) This is a good lesson for UCONN as they search for the next head coach that talent exists in lower levels of football.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sbnation/SBNation_20130924_Perfecting_the_formula__How_Eagles_coach_Chip_Kelly_used_New_Hampshire_as_his_laboratory_to_create_one_of_football_s_most_prolific_offenses.html#ZAM1yrZF2VvbG2ws.99

Two questions:

Was he at NH with Foley?
Does anyone believe RE would have allowed that offense?

Reaction Score
Two questions:

Was he at NH with Foley?
Does anyone believe RE would have allowed that offense?

I don't think RE would have given Kelly the time to make the offense work at UCONN. Realistically, it could have taken 3 to 4 years for his offense to gel at UCONN.

Personally, I think UCONN should emulate Wisconsin. Strong running game. Good O-Line. Solid defense. Decent QB. (Edsall was doing this, but he never recruited the QB.) I think UCONN can recruit and develop players to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom