Chip Brown (Texas): Big 12 targeting BYU, TCU, Louisville, Cincy | The Boneyard

Chip Brown (Texas): Big 12 targeting BYU, TCU, Louisville, Cincy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why aren't Oklahoma and Oklahoma St going to contact the SEC or the PAC 12 again? PAC 12 may have to reconsider because if conferences are going to 16, the quality candidates in the West are few.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Missouri has the buggers where they want them .

If Missouri leaves WVU and BYU top the list to go to 10.

After that's its Louisville and there's no consensus on #12.

If you dont' see WVU then the list is a joke. No one on the face of the planet would take Cincy over WVU.

Here's the options for 11/12

Florida: USF/UCF
NYC: UConn/Rutgers
C-USA: Louisville/Cincy
Texas or West: TCU/BYU

Reaction Score
Who said conferences have to go to 16? I don't even think it's a good move. it's certainly not a good selling point to say hey you get to play Texas or USC once every 4 years and you get them at home every 8 years. thats kind of lame for teams in the same conference but thats what will happen with 7 division games and two inter league games. the only other way to increase the times you meet is less than 3 cupcake games and then fewer teams will be bowl eligable. PAC whatever and Big 10 have no reason to go to 16. it's a hypothetical number that someone picked out of their backsides. big10 isnt losing their BCS status if they don't expand

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Why 16 teams?

A) Dead weight they can't jettison (Baylor, Wake, etc.)
B) The SEC needs content for a Tier 3 network. 16 teams would do that. The SEC problem? 11 of each teams12 games are Tier I or Tier II games.
C) I doubt the PAC or BiG go beyond 12.
D) The ACC was desperate. On paper they should add UConn and Rutgers and be done with it. They won't. ACC football is like the neighbors dog that craps in your yard for no special reason except to piss you off.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the b12 lacks stability and long term committment

if it were so desirable, why do three teams already bolt, a 4th openly searching, with the flagship schools looking for better options?

they can't even talk about long-term commitments to each other, instead they're talking about a 5 year deal last I knew

if a team can't join them for another 2 or more years, is joining that conference really security?

they're on thin ice themselves

Reaction Score
Why 16 teams?

A) Dead weight they can't jettison (Baylor, Wake, etc.)
B) The SEC needs content for a Tier 3 network. 16 teams would do that. The SEC problem? 11 of each teams12 games are Tier I or Tier II games.
C) I doubt the PAC or BiG go beyond 12.
D) The ACC was desperate. On paper they should add UConn and Rutgers and be done with it. They won't. ACC football is like the neighbors dog that craps in your yard for no special reason except to piss you off.

Wake isn't exactly dead weight considering our AD was the main person involved to get Syrcause to join. Also, our president is the former provost at Notre Dame. If the ACC can some how pull off ND joining, he will most definitely be involved.

Reaction Score
PLEASE.

Wake is the PRIME example of a free rider in this system.

They BRING what? Market? Frankly, things I have reviewed say that they have just about the weakest fanbase in the BCS. They are a small school with some endowment but they can't compete longterm with their peers (the southern Land Grand U's). They are in a high point with Grobe; but, they could suck to incredible depth quickly.

In the whole BCS system, you have a few Schools that are there just taking up space. Wake Forest, undeservedly, has been placed in one slot. Their future is what?

Reaction Score

if it were so desirable, why do three teams already bolt, a 4th openly searching, with the flagship schools looking for better options?

they can't even talk about long-term commitments to each other, instead they're talking about a 5 year deal last I knew

if a team can't join them for another 2 or more years, is joining that conference really security?

My guess is: Texas and LHN. The LHN kills other Big 12 school's recruiting, and makes Texas richer than they'll ever be. Parity doesn't exist for other Big-12 schools where Texas is involved.

Reaction Score
My guess is: Texas and LHN. The LHN kills other Big 12 school's recruiting, and makes Texas richer than they'll ever be. Parity doesn't exist for other Big-12 schools where Texas is involved.

I'm not sure it makes that big a difference. In that region, if you're Texas's first choice, you go to Texas. Otherwise you're looking at LSU or Oklahoma. They're already the top program.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

"Everyone hates Texas" is one of the few hopes we have left. Jurich is smart enough to call the AD's at Colorado, A&M, Nebraska and Missouri to find out what is so bad about working with Texas, and I am sure he will get an earful. Will it be enough to keep the Big East schools from bolting? Probably not, but there is a chance.

Reaction Score
PLEASE.

Wake is the PRIME example of a free rider in this system.

They BRING what? Market? Frankly, things I have reviewed say that they have just about the weakest fanbase in the BCS. They are a small school with some endowment but they can't compete longterm with their peers (the southern Land Grand U's). They are in a high point with Grobe; but, they could suck to incredible depth quickly.

In the whole BCS system, you have a few Schools that are there just taking up space. Wake Forest, undeservedly, has been placed in one slot. Their future is what?

BC is heading Wake's way if they don't get their act together, fire their AD and get a real head coach.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wake isn't exactly dead weight considering our AD was the main person involved to get Syrcause to join. Also, our president is the former provost at Notre Dame. If the ACC can some how pull off ND joining, he will most definitely be involved.
LOL. If the ACC had been torn apart Wake could have been left outside looking in. So they had to hope another conference would end up dead and not the ACC. Your AD was acting in survival mode. And so far things are looking good for Wake. You better hope the ACC manages to keep FSU and Clemson from going to the SEC and Maryland and the Virginias from going to the B!G. These are scenarios that will kill the ACC even with Pitt and Cuse coming in.

Reaction Score
LOL. If the ACC had been torn apart Wake could have been left outside looking in. So they had to hope another conference would end up dead and not the ACC. Your AD was acting in survival mode. And so far things are looking good for Wake. You better hope the ACC manages to keep FSU and Clemson from going to the SEC and Maryland and the Virginias from going to the B!G. These are scenarios that will kill the ACC even with Pitt and Cuse coming in.

No, actually, there really aren't. That went out the window when they took Pitt and Syracuse.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No, actually, there really aren't. That went out the window when they took Pitt and Syracuse.
I would say the odds are really low for my scenarios. But I won't rule them out until everything is finalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom