Chiefs00 Briefs - Cincy Edition | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Chiefs00 Briefs - Cincy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm done here. You don't get it. They're literally the same. You can't see it because you don't want to see it. They're separated by a year and literally play the same position. But I can't convince you so I'm done trying and you won't convince me so im done listening. That's it.
lol. They are not at all the same. You're just showing you know nothing at all about body composition/weight training etc.

@Fatroony5 is trying to be diplomatic in all these posts.

Reaction Score
lol. They are not at all the same. You're just showing you know nothing at all about body composition/weight training etc.

@Fatroony5 is trying to be diplomatic in all these posts.
Ok so please enlighten us all then with your expertise.

Reaction Score
Given that you've posted twice more on this thread in the fifteen minutes since this statement, you may want to consider whether you understand what that phrase means.

Just sayin.
I should have clarified. I'm done with one poster, until another poster comes talking. Keep to yourself. Nothing I said had anything to do with you.

C

Chief00

While we would love to have Tyler back from his injury, the two silver linings are improved rebounding and giving Bouknight and Adams minutes. The jury is out on Sidney impact.

Reaction Score
Ok so please enlighten us all then with your expertise.
First of all I don't know what their starting heights and weights are coming into UConn and how much they've changed since but everyone carries their weight differently and reacts to putting on muscle differently. Just by looking at them Bouknight has what looks to be a classic ectomorph body type, long limbs with smaller joints/smaller waist/rib cage. Adams has more of a mesomorph body type, thicker structure/sturdier...My guess is neither of them did any serious lifting or took their eating seriously before coming to UConn...Adams has the type of frame that will most likely respond better to weight training in terms of putting on size and muscle. It doesn't mean James can't get as strong as him but he would most likely have to strength train a lot harder and eat a lot more to keep up with Adams. They are just different type of builds and different types of athletes.

You can see it with your eyes by looking at their bodies, you can also see it in how they move. Adams is much more rigid, James glides around the court and then can explode in an instant. I would pretty much guarantee if you looked at their ankles Bouknights are small and Adams are rather thick. Most of your truly great basketball athletes are ectomorphs. Mesomorphs can be good basketball players too but they tend to be more inclined for rugby, football, powerlifting/bodybuilding.

Reaction Score
First of all I don't know what their starting heights and weights are coming into UConn and how much they've changed since but everyone carries their weight differently and reacts to putting on muscle differently. Just by looking at them Bouknight has what looks to be a classic ectomorph body type, long limbs with smaller joints/smaller waist/rib cage. Adams has more of a mesomorph body type, thicker structure/sturdier...My guess is neither of them did any serious lifting or took their eating seriously before coming to UConn...Adams has the type of frame that will most likely respond better to weight training in terms of putting on size and muscle. It doesn't mean James can't get as strong as him but he would most likely have to strength train a lot harder and eat a lot more to keep up with Adams. They are just different type of builds and different types of athletes.

You can see it with your eyes by looking at their bodies, you can also see it in how they move. Adams is much more rigid, James glides around the court and then can explode in an instant. I would pretty much guarantee if you looked at their ankles Bouknights are small and Adams are rather thick. Most of your truly great basketball athletes are ectomorphs. Mesomorphs can be good basketball players too but they tend to be more inclined for rugby, football, powerlifting/bodybuilding.
Ok thanks. That's all I was asking for. I appreciate your response.

Reaction Score
i agree that bouk could stand to add some additional muscle, but folks should note that jeremy lamb plays the 2 and 3 in the nba and is still listed at 6'5"/180 lbs. you don't have to be a goliath to play in the league anymore.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Rudy was a beast. Way bigger than Lamb or Bouk. He's also 6'8". But yes, James is wiry. He's not going to look like Marcus Smart.

Rudy Johnson was a beast. Rudy Gay was pretty thin when he came in, tho not on Lamb/Bouk level. And obv wasn't talking height

1581366643881.png

Reaction Score
He was also 6'8".
Imagine Bouknight skills and add 4 inches, by all accounts playing against much better competition in the Big East. Compared to what UConn has played against recently.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Rudy Johnson was a beast. Rudy Gay was pretty thin when he came in, tho not on Lamb/Bouk level. And obv wasn't talking height

View attachment 50806

Maybe I don't recall freshman Rudy, but he was never Bouknight skinny. By the time he left he was solidly muscular.

gay2_060621.jpg

Reaction Score

The Big O had pretty big ankles.

Reaction Score
The three point shot is the momentum play in today’s game. Adams hitting two in a row shows what it can do for us if we improve in that area. Adams continued to play well throughout the game.

While the rebounding was fairly even it seemed we gave up too many key offensive rebounds and there is a lack of boxing out. Part of this deficiency may be started by doubling guys who don’t need to be doubled leaving another opponent open on the boards.

Chief thought Vital had a good game knocking down shots and providing energy for the team.

It’s pretty clear that when Gilbert is in the game he is being used off the ball. Over-all turnovers were lower today than during many key games.

Many guys are turning down open shots to only get a much worse shot very late in the shot clock. We need players shooting with more confidence and that comes with individual shooting practice and success.

We did a very good job on Cumberland switching guys on him and keeping his timing off.

Chief won’t miss the AAC officials.

Bouknight continues to show previews of who he can be on a consistent basis. Just keep giving him lots of playing time. He’s legitimately scary how he can break defenders down off the dribble.

Sid didn’t get many minutes as Adams got minutes.

Our inept interior defense is making a star out of Vogt leaving him open for easy roll to the basket dunks.

With Adams, Vital and Bouknight playing together we actually have some respect on the 3 line. But, 61% foul shooting killed us late in the game but then Bouknight closed out with two big ones.
Free throw shooting.... close games require 'good' free throw shooting. We won many a game with excellent FT shooting...on the way to a couple of titles.....we clanked a bunch toward the end...Bouk hit 2 critical ones...whereas...nah.....enough said. Josh can get to the line a lot...but the defense has won....enough said.

Reaction Score

Slightly related but not really... our strength coach says that high cut calves (long tendons), smaller feet relative to size, and some kind of ankle flexion... probably impacts l the ability to really get low naturally and comfortably... all have correlation with better ball players.

Reaction Score
Slightly related but not really... our strength coach says that high cut calves (long tendons), smaller feet relative to size, and some kind of ankle flexion... probably impacts l the ability to really get low naturally and comfortably... all have correlation with better ball players.

Everyone here should read/reread this article about Sals approach with working with UConn players. It goes into depth about why training basketball players is drastically different than football players and so much more.

Few quotes I really like: “What’s flexible. What’s not. What’s mobile. What’s not. What’s strong. What’s not. You design body weight programs based on that.”

“ And I’m not as concerned with (Akok’s) weight on the scale as I am with lean mass and body composition.”

“ think you also would be a little flawed if the day a freshman walks in here that you have these tremendous, specific goals and objectives you want them to reach. Akok’s unique to himself. He has his own set of parents and unique set of genetics”

Long story short, it’s really encouraging to hear that our S & C coach takes a very individualized approach with our athletes. It’s all about improving performance and ensuring our athletes are in the best position to succeed. Everyone’s different and needs to be trained as such.

Reaction Score

Everyone here should read/reread this article about Sals approach with working with UConn players. It goes into depth about why training basketball players is drastically different than football players and so much more.

Few quotes I really like: “What’s flexible. What’s not. What’s mobile. What’s not. What’s strong. What’s not. You design body weight programs based on that.”

“ And I’m not as concerned with (Akok’s) weight on the scale as I am with lean mass and body composition.”

“ think you also would be a little flawed if the day a freshman walks in here that you have these tremendous, specific goals and objectives you want them to reach. Akok’s unique to himself. He has his own set of parents and unique set of genetics”

Long story short, it’s really encouraging to hear that our S & C coach takes a very individualized approach with our athletes. It’s all about improving performance and ensuring our athletes are in the best position to succeed. Everyone’s different and needs to be trained as such.

Sal has changed his life since his football days. And is a brilliant S&C coach. I've heard that from multiple really smart coaches

Reaction Score
It’s going to be an interesting Spring.

Are you implying we are going to have APR problems???? If so stop playing childish games and say it. If not stop hinting it. This is not the first time you have done it..

Put up or shut up. Or stop leading people on too make yourself important. Mr. Fake insider!!

Any real insider would NEVER imply that even if true..

Reaction Score
Question on non-call at end of overtime, and sorry if it was asked before. And yes, time had expired when contact happened, at least I think so. But if ref had actually called a foul, could it really be waved off upon review due to end of game? Or, is that a discretionary thing, maybe too close to definitively overturn, or just something that is unreviewable?

Reaction Score
Question on non-call at end of overtime, and sorry if it was asked before. And yes, time had expired when contact happened, at least I think so. But if ref had actually called a foul, could it really be waved off upon review due to end of game? Or, is that a discretionary thing, maybe too close to definitively overturn, or just something that is unreviewable?
I asked the same. Anyone know?

I'm guessing it is reviewable. If a made shot at the buzzer is reviewable then I'm guessing they can use a review to determine if something happened before or after the buzzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom