Chief’s Briefs - WS | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - WS

C

Chief00

No Shooters, No Shooters, No Shooters - Tough to win when you can’t shoot.

Zone - 3, Zone - 3, Zone - 3 Will it ever end? Do they have great breakdown 1x1 players? Why? To keep us out of foul trouble? Oh we were in foul trouble! No adjustments until 7:30 left.

Basically, only 3 D1 players who can score.

We could have been undefeated at home if we won - losing total different trajectory.
A winnable game if the team knew how to win against a good team.

When Calhoun puts his forearms on the side of his head and hands join behind his head - you know it’s over!

Cobb is must talented big but he seems to be on a different page than the coaches and teammates. He needs to clean up his game don’t see that happening.

Fall away jump shots are not a recipe for winning games.

Good crowd but passive zones kept crowd out of game.

Reaction Score
No Shooters, No Shooters, No Shooters - Tough to win when you can’t shoot.

Zone - 3, Zone - 3, Zone - 3 Will it ever end? Do they have great breakdown 1x1 players? Why? To keep us out of foul trouble? Oh we were in foul trouble! No adjustments until 7:30 left.

Basically, only 3 D1 players who can score.

We could have been undefeated at home if we won - losing total different trajectory.
A winnable game if the team knew how to win against a good team.

When Calhoun puts his forearms on the side of his head and hands join behind his head - you know it’s over!

Cobb is must talented big but he seems to be on a different page than the coaches and teammates. He needs to clean up his game don’t see that happening.

Fall away jump shots are not a recipe for winning games.

I am honestly done with Cobb. Give his minutes to Carlton, Diarra and Whaley. Onuorah only for spot duty.

Reaction Score
We actually played decent zone and it wasn't the defense that lost us the game. At some point you have to make some shots to win and we weren't able to do it ....again. No surprise there.
Agree on Cobb. He could help but sometimes he looks like he doesn't get it on either end of the floor.
Carlton looks like he has the potential to be very good but not likely this year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We actually played decent zone and it wasn't the defense that lost us the game. At some point you have to make some shots to win and we weren't able to do it ....again. No surprise there.
Agree on Cobb. He could help but sometimes he looks like he doesn't get it on either end of the floor.
Carlton looks like he has the potential to be very good but not likely this year.
If Ollie stays, Carlton will be the same exact player in 3.5 years as he is now.

Reaction Score
Have to play zone because we lack depth.

KO needs to get Cobbs attention or he can sit the rest of his college career.

Jalen needs to take his game seriously during the off season. It's so obvious he really didn't work on his game to the extent he needed. 3 years in and his shot should be better.

CV needs to be realed in. You can't take a 27ft shot first touch out of a timeout.

Blaze needs to recruit over every single player or try.

The team needs to know that KO runs the team. If he doesn't hold players accountable early in the game then you get a jacked up 3 out of a timeout at a critical moment. KO has assemble losing talent for the next year and a half. I like who we have coming in but we need another ballhandler over 6'3". We can't count on AG. Even if he is clear it will take him a half of season or more to be ok. His shot was off this year and now he will be 3 years basically without working on his game. We need to find an active big to complement Carlton.

If JA leaves we will look like a train wreck next year.

Reaction Score
If Ollie stays, Carlton will be the same exact player in 3.5 years as he is now.
You think Ollie will be here for the next 3.5 years?

I mean I hope he is, that would mean this team is improving year after year.

Reaction Score
I typically am not a big fan of UConn playing zone...but I think it has been our most effective defense without Gilbert. With a zone, you will give up some three's, but they only scored a little over 70. I think it also helps our offense because we get more steals out of the zone than we do man. and trust me, I really hate zone on a whole, we just do not have the guys to man up.

Reaction Score
You are right about one thing Chief, is we do only have 3 legit D1 offensive players. A major issue has and will continue to be how inept our front court is.

Reaction Score
But we shoot 18% from 3 and our back court is fine?
No, but Adams, Vital, and Larrier atleast belong. Assuming Larrier is the three, we get literally nothing from our 4 and 5.

Reaction Score

I typically am not a big fan of UConn playing zone...but I think it has been our most effective defense without Gilbert. With a zone, you will give up some three's, but they only scored a little over 70. I think it also helps our offense because we get more steals out of the zone than we do man. and trust me, I really hate zone on a whole, we just do not have the guys to man up.

We had 12 steals tonight, which is more than we had in any game last year or this year. The zone wasn't passive.

Reaction Score
You are right about one thing Chief, is we do only have 3 legit D1 offensive players. A major issue has and will continue to be how inept our front court is.
Our front court is young and inexperienced.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I heard the announcers say UConn has only played zone for 9% of the time this year and thought it was a good idea to change up because it was working.

Reaction Score
It's kind of wild how the average fan still hasn't realized how quickly we're spiraling into oblivion because of this fraud of a coach. I was driving home from the game today with a friend's dad and he's still on board for keeping Ollie. I tried to be reserved, but I mentioned us being 2-16 vs ranked teams since the national championship and he was taken back.

C

Chief00

Have to play zone because we lack depth.

KO needs to get Cobbs attention or he can sit the rest of his college career.

Jalen needs to take his game seriously during the off season. It's so obvious he really didn't work on his game to the extent he needed. 3 years in and his shot should be better.

CV needs to be realed in. You can't take a 27ft shot first touch out of a timeout.

Blaze needs to recruit over every single player or try.

The team needs to know that KO runs the team. If he doesn't hold players accountable early in the game then you get a jacked up 3 out of a timeout at a critical moment. KO has assemble losing talent for the next year and a half. I like who we have coming in but we need another ballhandler over 6'3". We can't count on AG. Even if he is clear it will take him a half of season or more to be ok. His shot was off this year and now he will be 3 years basically without working on his game. We need to find an active big to complement Carlton.

If JA leaves we will look like a train wreck next year.

Agree with many of your comments. Chill can recruit within the Blaze framework.

C

Chief00

I don’t disagree our most major problems are on offense.

C

Chief00

We had 12 steals tonight, which is more than we had in any game last year or this year. The zone wasn't passive.
Let me give you some analysis - we lost. What we did, didn’t work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom