Chief’s Briefs - Cornell Edition | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Cornell Edition

Reaction Score
Diarra is way better than Yakwe. This board is unbelievable
I mean, Yakwe has been pretty damn bad, but he was injured all summer. Wasn't he just cleared right before the first game? I'm willing to let a former Top 100 recruit and BE All-Rookie get his legs under him a bit.

Reaction Score
I believe even when healthy, Yakwe was a much better defensive than offensive player. I'd be happy with just some good defense.

C

Chief00

Alterique really wasn't present last year so add him, and Smith could easily be starting over Vital, him being the backup is more of a team sociology decision than a basketball capabilities decision.

Good point about Gilbert. Smith, who Chief likes, is more memorable as a very good sixth man than if he would be a starter.

C

Chief00

Did you mean his 39.2% FG shooting?
His 78.9% FT shooting is not great, but still very good at this stage of his comeback.
His 44% 3 Point shooting is not too shabby either.

Agree, Chief has crazy high PG foul shooting standards. When he’s shooting 90% it changes the dynamics of the end of games.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Use it all you want. Truth is Webb, Boykins, Bogues and Thomas would’ve been a tougher rebounding opponent than Cornell. If you think you proved me wrong by UConn outrebounding them by 6 you’re off a bit. Bunch of semi-athletic 6’-6’4 guys only getting outrebounded by 6 we need to give them credit.

Happy Turkey 25 lol
I meant the conflation of boxing out vs. rebounding. Nevertheless, your counterpoint is well taken.

Happy TG to you and yours, Mau!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom