Chief’s Briefs - Butler Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Butler Edition

Reaction Score
A huge win on the road against Butler, their fans and the Big East Refs. So proud of our great guys and their winning culture.

Early on not helped by Spencer and Newton going 3-15 from three and Karaban not cutting like he did earlier in the season. However, Karaban heated up in the second half, when we needed mattresses when you get attached wanna sit here I’ve been sitting all night I have a tournament. I’m gonna get out of here it most and shot over 50% from FG and 3. And wow Spencer hit a huge I don’t have any 3 shot with 45 seconds left. Way too easy.

What’s frustrating to me is Samson Johnson playing away from the basket on both offense and defense and picking up fouls 15-20 feet away from the basket. We can’t afford no center with Donovan out.

Diarra has exceeded expectations this year and is hitting 3’s and foul shots and his lockdown D is always there. He can also break the defense down off the dribble.

Stephon is gradually making the plays that win ball games. Points, rebounds and assists and a strong defensive player. Shooting 50% and nearly double figure rebounds.

Butler shot well, 48% FG, 47% from 3 and 90% from the line.

There no basket explanation to the foul situation other than it is UConn once again being screwed by Big East refs. Why we have 1/3 more fouls, there is no other way to explain it. Having to bench Johnson for many minutes and then Karaban fouling out with 1:32 left shows how it impacts results.

A good rebound by Spencer followed by a heads up tineout was huge. Diarra hit huge foul shots and I know how hard he worked to improve that aspect of his game.

Reaction Score
A huge win on the road against Butler, their fans and the Big East Refs. So proud of our great guys and their winning culture.

Early on not helped by Spencer and Newton going 3-15 from three and Karaban not cutting like he did earlier in the season. However, Karaban heated up in the second half, when we needed mattresses when you get attached wanna sit here I’ve been sitting all night I have a tournament. I’m gonna get out of here it most and shot over 50% from FG and 3. And wow Spencer hit a huge I don’t have any 3 shot with 45 seconds left. Way too easy.

What’s frustrating to me is Samson Johnson playing away from the basket on both offense and defense and picking up fouls 15-20 feet away from the basket. We can’t afford no center with Donovan out.

Diarra has exceeded expectations this year and is hitting 3’s and foul shots and his lockdown D is always there. He can also break the defense down off the dribble.

Stephon is gradually making the plays that win ball games. Points, rebounds and assists and a strong defensive player. Shooting 50% and nearly double figure rebounds.

There no basket explanation to the foul situation other than it is UConn once again being screwed by Big East refs. Why we have 1/3 more fouls, there is no other way to explain it. Having to bench Johnson for many minutes and then Karaban fouling out with 1:32 left shows how it impacts results.

A good rebound by Spencer followed by a head up tineout was huge. 00 huge ignore me. Ignore me at the last minute.

Reaction Score
they missed some fouls, sure

But most of those fouls were fouls.
Uconn was slow to react, didn’t move feet well and reach in way too much for most of the game

They are still struggling to play d without clingan. More of an issue than the refs.

Reaction Score
Ugh

A good rebound by Spencer followed by a heads up tineout was huge. Diarra hit huge foul shots and I know how hard he worked to improve that aspect of his game.
karaban gets called for more non or touch fouls while getting body slammed out of bounds on first possession and no foul. Where is the respect for this extraordinary kid.

Reaction Score
Ugh

karaban gets called for more non or touch fouls while getting body slammed out of bounds on first possession and no foul. Where is the respect for this extraordinary kid.
He brings his hands down. And he will get called everytime until he stops doing that.

Reaction Score
Great win on the road. Butler is a much better team than they have been in the past few years. SC is starting to show why he was a McDonald all american. AK is so valuable on this team. He is asked to play so many roles. SJ the past two games has committed silly fouls. I thought JS looked good in the few minutes he was in the game. That was a veteran play by CS in regards to the rebound then calling time out

Reaction Score
Chief I agree with almost everything but some of UConn's defense was sloppy. Samson's 4th foul was an easy call, not sure what he was thinking. Obviously we still need to work on dribble drive D

Reaction Score
Castle kept us in the game long enough for the leadership, play, and experience of Karaban, Spencer, Newton, and Diarra took over. We need to tighten up on guard penetration and make more free throws. The guard penetration stood out because Clingan isn’t back there to alter and contest shots. Kudos to our guys for making big shots down the stretch, sharing the ball well, and making some critical stops.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
I would love to see Newton get a little more arc in his free throws. It looks like it flattened out a bit this year, and stats show
You are aware that Newton is shooting 81`% from the foul line, right?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
However, Karaban heated up in the second half, when we needed mattresses when you get attached wanna sit here I’ve been sitting all night I have a tournament. I’m gonna get out of here it most and shot over 50% from FG and 3.

Love the Briefs but wut

Reaction Score

have more fouls because slow footed perimeter defenders are getting blown by and interior defenders are therefore trying to slow down cannon balls

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
trailer satisfying GIF

Reaction Score
Why do Boneyarders think that players cannot improve? Diarra is NOT exceeding Hurley's expectation. He is simply getting better. He is playing like an experienced college player who could always be a dog on defense and is now adding offense.

Player are suppose to get better!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom