Chief’s Brief’s Special Edition: Hurley’s Contract | The Boneyard

Chief’s Brief’s Special Edition: Hurley’s Contract

pj

Reaction Score
What? Hurley is not yet under contract? How can that be? Do you mean there was an interim contract and the final contract depended on the outcome of the KO controversy? What's the difference - Hurley gets paid more if there are sanctions?

C

Chief00

What? Hurley is not yet under contract? How can that be? Do you mean there was an interim contract and the final contract depended on the outcome of the KO controversy? What's the difference - Hurley gets paid more if there are sanctions?
I am not a lawyer. There was some high level understanding agreed to but no detailed employment contract. Part of it is if UConn was put on serious sanctions Hurley's Contract would be longer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
REv2 was in the middle of getting hosed by the ethics committee, so I get his not signing but Hurley? Any contingencies he wanted to have been baked into the contract. That's what transactional attorneys do, reduce concepts into words.

Not worried about though it seems like things are breaking our way.

#stilldoomed

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I am not a lawyer. There was some high level understanding agreed to but no detailed employment contract. Part of it is if UConn was put on serious sanctions Hurley's Contract would be longer.
UConn received a letter from the NCAA that it has been cleared of all wrong doing?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
KO not UConn mentioned cited for violation in NCAA allegations.
I’m aware of this. But I’m not aware of the NCAA process with regards to penalties.

Have they formally concluded their investigation over this matter and notified UConn? Or are they still examining UConn’s role in this and only released their position with KO?

Reaction Score
Hi
REv2 was in the middle of getting hosed by the ethics committee, so I get his not signing but Hurley? Any contingencies he wanted to have been baked into the contract. That's what transactional attorneys do, reduce concepts into words.

Not worried about though it seems like things are breaking our way.

#stilldoomed
Hurley's not going anywhere, he's at UConn to stay for many many successful years to come.

Reaction Score
I'm just wondering why they didn't put all this in a contract. There must be a reason for it and I'm sure Hurley's attorney has him covered in some way.

Reaction Score
Not yet - hoping soon but Sept dam break worked better than well.
Let's not poo poo a well now tho, its a good, reliable thing to have. Hence the saying "going back to the well", much like you've done with your dam schtick.

Reaction Score
I'm just wondering why they didn't put all this in a contract. There must be a reason for it and I'm sure Hurley's attorney has him covered in some way.
This is Hurley's executed offer letter and the specific wording regarding NCAA violation impact. https://publicrecords.uconn.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/1836/2018/03/Hurley-MOU-Final.pdf

hurley.png

C

Chief00

C

Chief00

Did we get a commit from a big?

I haven’t heard anything but I have been out of the loop. Got home from the football game and fell asleep until I recently got an unrelated phone call.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I haven’t heard anything but I have been out of the loop. Got home from the football game and fell asleep until I recently got an unrelated phone call.
Phone calls from Dre are not unrelated.

Reaction Score

Nobody would have blamed you if you fell asleep during the game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom