Chief’s Brief’s - Butler Edition | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Brief’s - Butler Edition

Reaction Score
Don’t know why everyone is saying 4 games in 9 days, because it’s 4 games in 10 days! Sheesh

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hurley is so great at the little things. We were well in to the game with time out on the floor and we notice that Castle was scoreless. Sure enough, the first play out of the TO was run for Castle and he was off the duck.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
He was there but the ball seemed to be stuck on Newton's and Cam's after 10 minutes of the 1st half. The 1st 10 minutes the offense ran smoothly - from that point until the final whistle it was 90% Cam and Newt vs the world - not a good thing
Butler started clutching and bumping the cutters

Reaction Score
Clingan minutes: 28

Has DC ever played that many...this season or last?

If...a big IF...he can stay away from foul trouble, tight games in the
tourney may see him in the thirties. Tight games late may find teams
playing hack a DC given his foul shooting issues...pretty much the same as
last year...50 percent.
DC wasnt even averaging 20 mpg until last night and he's going to need to play at least 25mpg in the tourney. if we get upset it'll be because he's in foul trouble.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
DC wasnt even averaging 20 mpg until last night and he's going to need to play at least 25mpg in the tourney. if we get upset it'll be because he's in foul trouble.
3rd most min he's logged in college. 32 @ Kansas and 30 v. Indiana.
He probably needs these games to build up stamina. He was clearly very tired at times last night.

Reaction Score
Samson is a crap rim protector but that hedge has definitely led to a few shot clock violations. His rebounding numbers are garbage and he can’t be our starting 5 next year
How many bigs can do it all? Not many. Even Sanogo had his weaknesses. What I like about Samson is that he appears to be bulking up. If that continues, he should be a lot stronger next season. He also has amazing vertical quickness. With work, this should translate to being a good shot blocker. His weaknesses are mostly fixable. We forget that he got almost no PT until this year. I like his progress.

Reaction Score
How many bigs can do it all? Not many. Even Sanogo had his weaknesses. What I like about Samson is that he appears to be bulking up. If that continues, he should be a lot stronger next season. He also has amazing vertical quickness. With work, this should translate to being a good shot blocker. His weaknesses are mostly fixable. We forget that he got almost no PT until this year. I like his progress.
Agreed, he makes you cringe sometimes, but never in a way that makes you feel like:

A. He's not working at his weaknesses
B. He doesn't have the will or desire
C. Doesn't have enough talent

It's a "no wine before its time" situation, would love "it's time" to start happening around March 1!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've been a fan, but he's disappointed me this season. He was brought in as a 4 with some inside-outside ability. He never got a chance to show that, then we moved him to 5. His hedging has improved and he can be disruptive to drivers. He's not as good recovering and getting in position to impact shots as he should be. He's unbelievably quick off the ground which is great for lobs but also should be great for rebounding and shot blocking. Yet he isn't good at either right now. He flashed a nice little short shot at times.

His base doesn't seem strong enough, hips down. He added strength and weight but maybe too much above rather than below. He's knocked off balance by contact too easily. Once off balance he's not in position to jump for rebounds or block shots. So he's always reaching, stretching diagonally for the ball and often stumbling. He should be like Dennis Rodman out there, he's that quick off the ground. Treat rebound like lobs, get set and go rip them down. Shot blocking is the same, get set, jump vertically, don't reach forward, you'll lose balance and foul. This guy needs to be his spirit animal.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've been a fan, but he's disappointed me this season.
Tough grader. The rest of the world wonders why he hadn't gotten any run before this year.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Tough grader. The rest of the world wonders why he hadn't gotten any run before this year.
The rest of the world is dumb. Injury and then, Adama Sanogo and Clingan. This is why no run.

Samson has skills. But, harnessing them is the issue. I still love the kid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom