Chicago vs Minny | The Boneyard

Chicago vs Minny

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Should be one of the best games of the year. This game alone would be worth the price of the WNBA Center Court package.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Amazing game, best game of the year so far imo.

Sky won 94-86 in OT. EDD had 32 points, Fowles had 31 for the Sky. EDD also had a huge three with about 3 seconds left to send the game into OT. :D

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
And that's with the Sky's bench getting zero points.
Swin with 8/7.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Minny has actually done pretty well considering that 6'2" Brunson is their only prime time player above 6'0". Dev is OK but not a dominant big-body in the lane. Small ball has its place but is no substitute for a bona fide interior presence in many situations.

I have been pulling for Amber Harris but she clearly is just not developing as an interior defender/rebounder or back to the basket scorer, which is exactly where the Lynx are thin. With McCarville out, they have a tough time rebounding and stopping players with length, either in the post or driving. The Sky has both EDD and Big Syl. Golden oppt for Amber to step up.

I will watch the replay but honestly thought the Sky would win this by 10-15 in regulation. If McCarville gets back soon, they can still hang onto 1st place.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Tina Thompson would like to play for a contender her last season. Minnesota should offer next years 1st (which will be the last pick anyway of the 1st round) and like Harris/Rodgers or something. Not sure if Seattle wants to. They are fighting for a playoff spot, but I actually think getting another lottery pick would benefit Seattle. Especially this year w/o Jackson/Bird. They aren't going anywhere. They've been good to long, so haven't had great young talent.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Home court is a big advantage in the WNBA. Lynx had a comfortable lead in the west but now not so much.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I've been calling a Chi/MInny finals 10 games into the season (Atlanta earning paper tiger honors with their early "gaudy" schedule...) Looking forward to it!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Chicago's starting lineup is just as good as Minny's. When the #5 offensive option in your starting lineup is Swin Cash, you're in a good place.

Without either Taj or McCarville in the middle, strong and experienced enough to play behind people and take up real space in the middle, Minny is at a distinct disadvantage. They are deep at the 1-3 spots, not the 5. The fact that it took OT for the Sky to beat them when they were shorthanded shows how talented they are (Minny) at the other 4 spots.

With a healthy McCarville, Minny's starters win against the Sky's starters more often than not if this game is any indication.

Amber Harris is becoming--to my chagrin--a non-factor for the Lynx.

Reaction Score
There were 50 free throws taken in this game. Minnesota was a perfect 17-17. Fowles was 11-11. Delle Donne was 10-10. The two Chicago misses were by above 85% free throw shooters.

This game was as good as the Sun-Mystics game was bad. Is the Sun no longer worth discussing?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There were 50 free throws taken in this game. Minnesota was a perfect 17-17. Fowles was 11-11. Delle Donne was 10-10. The two Chicago misses were by above 85% free throw shooters.

This game was as good as the Sun-Mystics game was bad. Is the Sun no longer worth discussing?

The number of fouls called in the WNBA makes the game hard to watch at times.

Chicago is a serious contender for a championship. EDD, Prince and Big Syl are a tremendous trio and it would not surprise me at all to see them bring home the trophy.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
The number of fouls called in the WNBA makes the game hard to watch at times.

Chicago is a serious contender for a championship. EDD, Prince and Big Syl are a tremendous trio and it would not surprise me at all to see them bring home the trophy.

This is the UConn board, so don't leave Swin out.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01