Check in | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Check in

Reaction Score
murray-alive.jpg
Gunga galunga

Reaction Score
I am fine physically. Just back from a Christmas visit to my son and family who live on Mercer Island, Washington. Mentally and psychologically I am still working on living without Karen, my wonderful wife of 53 years. She was my friend, my lover, my confidant and my muse. I miss her completely. Fortunately I have two wonderful sons with great families, and many other relatives, friends and neighbors who are very supportive. And yes, the Boneyard(all of you) are part of that support. I check in every day, post some “likes” add an occasional comment and enjoy all the interaction.

Reaction Score
Loss of taste is no small thing, CharlieBall. Good luck to you and your daughter.,

Thanks so much for checking in, Shorty Dee. I'm doing well, relatively speaking, although sad stories abound with family and friends. Tough times.

I'm just so appreciative of the support from fellow BYers and thankful for the Huskies, whenever they're back at it and healthy!

Reaction Score
When you’ve had 2 cancer surgeries and you’re still here, you learn to appreciate that every day is a good day!
My very, very wise Irish maternal Grandma had a stock reply when asked whether things were going well, I heard it a zillion times; “Every day I am using the Lord’s oxygen is a good day, some are just better than others.”
Here’s praying you see a “zillion“ more of those good days!!

Reaction Score
Doing good, and hoping for some snow in my neighborhood today -- the first of 2021. Usually we start seeing snow in October, sometimes earlier.

Reaction Score
I just wanted to do a check in to make sure everyone on this forum is good? Please comment on your status. I will start. I am good.
So far so good - but very concerned since little sis (my roomie) has some symptoms and her boss had Covid! She's going to try to get a test today. Crazy times.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
I'm well but bored. I'm hoping for some sun today and especially for tomorrow's early morning bike ride. It's been cold and cloudy in the southern Ca desert.
I read today that Conn now has 14.6 fewer days of snow than when I grew up in Conn.

Reaction Score
Just recovered from a 2-week bout with COVID. Much to my surprise when I came out of my fog The UConn girls were still in theirs. This season is turning out to be a big surprise. We need Azzi to be a #1 type talent and do her 3 point and pull up jumper things. Carolyn is showing us she is our starting 3 with rebounding defense and all forms of scoring. Go Huskies!!!!

Reaction Score
I'm OK... missing UCONN WBB, but that's small stuff...although a wonderful distraction for me.
IF any of my fellow BY'rs are Prayerful People, I ask that you add Mrs. PAHuskeyFan to your list... you can use the name "Susan"... She is really struggling with a progressive disease for which there is no known cause or cure. Been getting the best care possible from one of the Top Neurology Hospitals in the Country, and top shelf Physical Therapy, but there is no solution and she continues to decline. She is still at home, and I am the caregiver...so it's a stressful time for us both.

Reaction Score
Was doing very good until last night; after the great drive and shot by Hansen to beat SC, I was feeling even better! Be safe all.

Reaction Score
PAHuskeyFan - I am very sorry to hear about Susan’ situation. I send you both best wishes for a gentle outcome. Please get as much help as possible for your caregiving. It is important that you stay strong, for Susan’s sake as well as yours.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My prayers for both you and Susan. As @Ex Nutmegger stated, try to get help on the caregiving. My brother and sister-in-law had to get help taking care of my Mom. They said that it was the best decision they had ever done, it helped keep them grounded during my Mom's illness before passing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom