Charlie Moore(Memphis Commit) vs Alterique Gilbert (UConn Commit) | The Boneyard

Charlie Moore(Memphis Commit) vs Alterique Gilbert (UConn Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Yeah he's a good pickup for Memphis, assuming Pastner can continue to get better at coaching and neither team leaves the conference it should be a good matchup for a few years.

Reaction Score
Yeah he's a good pickup for Memphis, assuming Pastner can continue to get better at coaching and neither team leaves the conference it should be a good matchup for a few years.
He didn't commit with Pastner being here next year in the plan anyway. It is pretty much assumed that the job will go to Damon win or lose this year. Moore and Rivers are two recruits Damon was majorly involved with and has a relationship with.

Reaction Score
is it me or does he seem out of control or is it just aggressiveness? Reminds me of an early boatright.

Reaction Score
is it me or does he seem out of control or is it just aggressiveness? Reminds me of an early boatright.
Most high schoolers are. Moore is praised for his aggressiveness, quickness, and toughness by experts.

caw

Reaction Score
He didn't commit with Pastner being here next year in the plan anyway. It is pretty much assumed that the job will go to Damon win or lose this year. Moore and Rivers are two recruits Damon was majorly involved with and has a relationship with.

That's an interesting move. One former Arizona player/Arizona Assistant/Memphis Assistant who is known for recruiting for another. Not trying to be snarky but seriously curious why Damon would be considered an upgrade?

Good luck in any game not including UConn either way.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That's an interesting move. One former Arizona player/Arizona Assistant/Memphis Assistant who is known for recruiting for another. Not trying to be snarky but seriously curious why Damon would be considered an upgrade?

Good luck in any game not including UConn either way.

Stoudemire played in the NBA for 13 years. You'd think he'd be a considerable upgrade as it pertains to in-game coaching.

caw

Reaction Score
Stoudemire played in the NBA for 13 years. You'd think he'd be a considerable upgrade as it pertains to in-game coaching.

Well he can hardly be a downgrade. I'm well aware of his history in the NBA but not every NBA vet is Ollie. I mean, would you hand the keys to your college team to say Marbury?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Well he can hardly be a downgrade. I'm well aware of his history in the NBA but not every NBA vet is Ollie. I mean, would you hand the keys to your college team to say Marbury?

Sheesh, if Ollie was the standard every player-turned-coach had to measure up to, so many fans would be disappointed.

A) There's a middle ground between an Ollie type and a Marbury type.
B) I don't know too much about Stoudemire but I'm not going to assume he's an idiot given the fact that he's been an assistant coach for quite a few years now.

caw

Reaction Score
Sheesh, if Ollie was the standard every player-turned-coach had to measure up to, so many fans would be disappointed.

A) There's a middle ground between an Ollie type and a Marbury type.
B) I don't know too much about Stoudemire but I'm not going to assume he's an idiot given the fact that he's been an assistant coach for quite a few years now.

Yes, fine, but was asking the Memphis fan because it is his team and I was curious if he had some insight from other Memphis fans, local news, etc as to why Damon would be an upgrade over Pastner. Like say, Damon was in charge of so-and-sos development, or Damon developed/called/designed plays in practice/during timeouts/etc.

I don't assume Damon is an idiot, but I'm not in the camp that thinks Pastner is one. I think Pastner is slowly getting better actually.

Reaction Score
Yes, fine, but was asking the Memphis fan because it is his team and I was curious if he had some insight from other Memphis fans, local news, etc as to why Damon would be an upgrade over Pastner. Like say, Damon was in charge of so-and-sos development, or Damon developed/called/designed plays in practice/during timeouts/etc.

I don't assume Damon is an idiot, but I'm not in the camp that thinks Pastner is one. I think Pastner is slowly getting better actually.
Joe Jackson, Chris Crawford, and Will Barton made major strides their SO year. Will Barton worked with the instruction Damon left him in the off season to improve his game. He was nearly averaging a double double like Daniel Hamilton is doing for UConn.

Damon knows how to keep egos and check and relate way better to these young men than Pastner does. He would have been hired away to Arizona as Miller'sight hand man if he was a scrub. Arizona fans were blind sided by him leaving them to go back to Memphis. The plan has been placed into motion already and that is from reliable people around the program( not Memphis local media because they are SEC homers and love to sensationalize news).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom