Change in Beat Writers for the Courant | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Change in Beat Writers for the Courant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uninspired and unmotivated couldn't be farther from the truth. Des tried more things to get UConn football info out there than most every journalist in the state. The live chats with special guests is the biggest example of trying something different.

He did more interviews with assistant coaches than anyone else, as far as I can remember.

His biggest problem, and it's really not a problem outside of this room, was he didn't bleed blue. He was also too sensitive to handle the knuckleheads that frequented his blog and his apparent connection with PP (to much Syracuse in his blood) led to him being a bit more tolerant of PP's failures for sure.

With all that said, Des, as a person, is exceptional in terms of his actions for helping others. We probably should cut him some slack.

I was thinking the same thing. And I thought he really stepped up his game the last couple years with his reporting on his blog. To me, outside of him being a Syracuse guy, he seems like a pretty cool guy to just sit down and talk sports with in general.

Reaction Score
Dez stinks. Good riddance, hope he enjoys the demotion. Like MA a lot from his time with UConn men and the #icebus.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Dez may not be the best writer or journalist that's ever come along, but it's not his job as a journalist to be a cheerleader for UCONN just because he's been on the beat for years. Granted he maybe should have shown a little more interest or passion for the job, but plenty of beat writers are far from fans of the teams they cover.

Personally I like Dez because he once went out of his way to do a big favor on behalf of a friend of mine, which I'll always appreciate, as did the person who was the beneficiary of that favor, who has since passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom