Chandler Whitmer Video | The Boneyard

Chandler Whitmer Video

• Thread starter fortebleedsblue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

I've been hearing a lot of good things about this kid. I can't wait to see him in the blue and white game. Here is a video that may have already been posted here but I'll post it again any ways. Look at his footwork in the pocket and quick release. Throws daggers, the ball doesn't hand in the air on long throws as much as it seemed with Frazer or Lorenzen. What really impresses me towards the end of the video is how accurate he is rolling out of the pocket.

Reaction Score
LOL....this just cracks me up.

Frazer had his short comings, although they weren't nearly as dramatic as some on this board would lead you to believe. But, his throws hanging.....really?

Anyone who can take anything meaningful away from that video is one hell of a football expert.

F

fortebleedsblue

LOL....this just cracks me up.

Frazer had his short comings, although they weren't nearly as dramatic as some on this board would lead you to believe. But, his throws hanging.....really?

Anyone who can take anything meaningful away from that video is one hell of a football expert.

Its fundamentals, they mean something you know. If you recall one of Frazers biggest problems was fundamentals. Just saying ... as far as Zach's passes, his short balls were thrown like they came out of a rocket launcher (no touch) as for his long passes WR's would have to constantly adjust by slowing down or reaching back for passes. I recall a number of times Griffen had to do this. What were you watching?

Reaction Score
Honestly, thanks for sharing the video.

With your football eye you can evidently see thinks in that video the vast majority of us cannot. I'll wait to see how he does on a field with pads and players before I compare him to previous QBs who led us to conference champtionships and a BCS bowl.

Oh, I saw just about every game Zach was under center and to my untrained eye, the least of his problems was arm strength and most of his long passing suffered from not having enough air touch under the ball. I suspect he was too concerned about being picked and developed a habit of overthowing for fear of being pulled.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So Forte, tell me how exactly you were able to ascertain how solid Whitmer's fundamentals will be when under duress of a pass rush or after getting knocked to the ground a few times from about four minutes of video?

I don't know what this kid will do and won't until after I see him in live action a few times. I do believe however that McEntee was a bit more impressive in his video (although that video did not tell me a damned thing either).

F

fortebleedsblue

Honestly, thanks for sharing the video.

With your football eye you can evidently see thinks in that video the vast majority of us cannot. I'll wait to see how he does on a field with pads and players before I compare him to previous QBs who led us to conference champtionships and a BCS bowl.

Oh, I saw just about every game Zach was under center and to my untrained eye, the least of his problems was arm strength and most of his long passing suffered from not having enough air touch under the ball. I suspect he was too concerned about being picked and developed a habit of overthowing for fear of being pulled.

I agree with waiting til we see him on the field. I am just excited about his potential.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I agree with waiting til we see him on the field. I am just excited about his potential.
Were you excited about Zach's potential when you first found out that he was transferring here form ND?

Be honest.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

enjoy. hes #7. the rb is filth also btw...

Reaction Score
We need to sign the WR. He didn't drop one ball. Not one........

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Our WRs don't drop balls in highlight videos either

Reaction Score
JMac had a pretty nice video once upon a time...
Difference being it wasn't game film. So who would be the bigger fool, the guy getting giddy over game film of a guy from a decent JC level team or a trick shot video that took god knows how many takes to do from a guy who had a handful of meaningless snaps at the 1A level?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
JMac had a pretty nice video once upon a time...

I've wanted to spoof the JMac video with a second garbage can intercepting some passes; a garbage can sacking him and another falling on the ball when it comes loose.

That said, Des says he's much improved this Spring.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've wanted to spoof the JMac video with a second garbage can intercepting some passes; a garbage can sacking him and another falling on the ball when it comes loose.

That said, Des says he's much improved this Spring.
LOL... that's pretty good. Hey, I admit it - I was all aboard the JMac train when I saw his vid. Some nice accuracy he displayed. Just didn't translate to the game. That said, it was his first college action and he was in a new system. I'm encouaged that the reports seem to be that the bar has been raised all around... but, the proof will be when games are played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom