Champions League Draw | The Boneyard

Champions League Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
could Barcelona have any easier of a group??? Leverkusen, Roma, and BATE Borisov. Meanwhile, Shakhtar gets thrown into the group of death in A with PSG and Real Madrid. Group D also looks very tough. Some of these groups are pathetic; H is so terribly weak, as is B outside of United. Overall, not a great draw in my opinion. Most interesting fixtures will be Arsenal and Bayern along with PSG and Real.

Reaction Score
could Barcelona have any easier of a group??? Leverkusen, Roma, and BATE Borisov. Meanwhile, Shakhtar gets thrown into the group of death in A with PSG and Real Madrid. Group D also looks very tough. Some of these groups are pathetic; H is so terribly weak, as is B outside of United. Overall, not a great draw in my opinion. Most interesting fixtures will be Arsenal and Bayern along with PSG and Real.

Arsenal finishes #3 in EPL in 2015 and gets Bayren plus two decent teams in Olympiakos and Dinamo Zagreb. Man U finishes in 4th and gets Wolfsburg, PSV Eindhoven, and CSKA Moscow. All middle of the road teams with the main issue having to play in Moscow at one point. Not happy. I hope Wolfsburg upsets them. Penalized for the gunners' recent showing in the Champions? Arsenal is going to have to 3 points at home against both Olympiakos and Dinamo Zagreb along with 3 points away versus one of the two if the Gunners want to advance. Basically they need to play to their fullest ability each game instead of playing down to a 'lower' side.

My #2 team in Europe, Lyon, did get a good draw in H with no powerhouses in Valencia, Zenit St. Petersburg, and Gent. PSG has to deal with Real Madrid. Serves the Parisians and the Qatari right.

Reaction Score
Chelsea and United got great draws. Arsenal gets their Achilles Heel, Bayern. City gets the toughest draw of the 4 English clubs.
  • Group A: Paris St-Germain, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Malmo
  • Group B: PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, CSKA Moscow, VfL Wolfsburg
  • Group C: Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray, Astana
  • Group D: Juventus, Manchester City, Sevilla, Borussia Monchengladbach
  • Group E: Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, AS Roma, BATE Borisov
  • Group F: Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Olympiakos, Dinamo Zagreb
  • Group G: Chelsea, Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Maccabi Tel-Aviv
  • Group H: Zenit St Petersburg, Valencia, Olympique Lyon, Gent

Reaction Score
There is no groups of death here, at most there are groups of leg cramps.

Some third or fourth can't see over the top two in their group, but no pot A team is cursing their fate.

Reaction Score
There is no groups of death here, at most there are groups of leg cramps.

Some third or fourth can't see over the top two in their group, but no pot A team is cursing their fate.

True; but, some odd pods.

PSG, Real Madrid (Group A), Juventus, Man City (Group D), and Baren and Arsenal (Group F) all view themselves as 1 seeds where as there is no dominant 1 seed in Group B (sorry Man A, Arsenal maybe qualifies as a 1 seed as the 3rd place EPL team, the 4th place team is definitely not a 1 seed) , C and H.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
True; but, some odd pods.

PSG, Real Madrid (Group A), Juventus, Man City (Group D), and Baren and Arsenal (Group F) all view themselves as 1 seeds where as there is no dominant 1 seed in Group B (sorry Man A, Arsenal maybe qualifies as a 1 seed as the 3rd place EPL team, the 4th place team is definitely not a 1 seed) , C and H.
They did change the pods this year. The A pod is for the Champions of the top 8 leagues (I believe). The rest were put in by coefficient. Prior to this it was all coefficient. (Arsenal would have been the 8th team in Pod A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom