CFP to remain 4 teams through ’25 after expansion talks fail | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CFP to remain 4 teams through ’25 after expansion talks fail

Reaction Score
Kelly left because LSU guaranteed him $9.5 million a year for ten years. ND had tired of his annual flirtations and salary increase attempts and would not give Kelly another deal with three years left on his then current one.

You mistakenly think that the "easier path" to the playoffs from ACC membership is worth giving up football independence to ND.

ND clearly doesn't think it is.

He left for the money, blah, blah, blah

Kelly knows that he can recruit kids without the difficult admission standards and get better athletes.

Yeah, of course, LSU having SEC money can throw a lot at him. That's not a surprise, don't kid yourself.

ND fans can view the ACC however they want, but the truth is that ND as an independent will always be on the outside looking in.

Kelly left cause he knew thar the path to a national title is easier with power 5 conference affiliation, mainly the SEC, B1G, PAC or the ACC.

Reaction Score
"Kelly left cause he knew thar the path to a national title is easier with power 5 conference affiliation, mainly the SEC, B1G, PAC or the ACC".

And for the fact that ND has little to no shot at actually winning CFP games on the field.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Notre Dame is sowing the seeds of their demise through their selfishness. My parents and their generation like ND because they're 74, Catholic, and like network TV. My siblings and kids hate ND for their unwarranted elitism. ND loses influence with each passing day.

Reaction Score
Kelly left because LSU guaranteed him $9.5 million a year for ten years. ND had tired of his annual flirtations and salary increase attempts and would not give Kelly another deal with three years left on his then current one.

You mistakenly think that the "easier path" to the playoffs from ACC membership is worth giving up football independence to ND.

ND clearly doesn't think it is.
Kelly left so he could recruit players without academic restrictions and hopefully vie for a NC. Notre Dame have tougher entry requirements

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I am shocked the teams and conferences which have most benefited from the current set up are most in favor of the status quo.

Reaction Score
Actually...I am shocked (NOT) that the conference who wants five teams in the CFP (the SEC) and the conference desperate to find CFP spots without Texas and Oklahoma (Big 12) are the ones who want a 12 team expansion.

Sankey would like two of his teams in with a "bye".

Shocked, I tell you.

Reaction Score
We all saw this coming, but I'm taking this as a positive. I'm thinking the TV exec's are going to see that and expanded playoff is going to bring in more money just like the NCAA tournament so they'll be pushing behind the scenes to force conference's hands in the years to come. In the meantime, this gives them a solid 3 years to work out details and shut the Rose Bowl up.

Reaction Score
What may be operative is that the CFP will now not expand until after ESPN's CFP contract is up.

The conferences will work up a playoff proposal to submit to the media for the 26-27 year...and they may attract bidding from other than ESPN.

Reaction Score
Actually...I am shocked (NOT) that the conference who wants five teams in the CFP (the SEC) and the conference desperate to find CFP spots without Texas and Oklahoma (Big 12) are the ones who want a 12 team expansion.

Sankey would like two of his teams in with a "bye".

Shocked, I tell you.

Attachments

• shocked shocked.png
    shocked shocked.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 80
Reaction Score
A Business Decision...

“Today, we have no contractual commitment, no grant-of-rights beyond Year 12. The whole thing goes away beyond Year 12 if we don’t come to an agreement,” Kliavkoff told Finebaum.

“So I’ve asked to have a discussion about what the revenue splits look like beyond Year 12, if we’re going to agree to extend. I’ve never signed a contract in my life where I don’t know the financial terms, but I’ve agreed to sign the contract.”

Reaction Score
And of course..without acknowledged protection of the Rose Bowl's favored January 1 slot, the Pac 12 could not agree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom