CBS Sports top 80 players in the Sweet 16 | The Boneyard

CBS Sports top 80 players in the Sweet 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is because the article lists starters. The only game they have played since Niang went down had Edozie as a starter. If you look at Uconn they include Nolan instead of Brimah because Nolan started.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
They undervalued Gif, big time. Should be at least 10 positions higher.

They overvalued Russ Smith and undervalued Harrell. I think they should be at around 6 and 8 respectively.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They undervalued Gif, big time. Should be at least 10 positions higher.

They overvalued Russ Smith and undervalued Harrell. I think they should be at around 6 and 8 respectively.

Agreed. And putting Boat ahead of DD is just wrong. When DD isn't contributing, this team isn't very good. When he plays well, as against Nova, we've really at a different level. It's the same dynamic Lamb broght to the 2011 team. That key second guy is Daniels, not Boatright.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
And Nick Johnson is an All American
There have been some over rated AAs but he is perhaps the most in recent history
Giffs was way under rated as was DD

Reaction Score
Agreed. And putting Boat ahead of DD is just wrong. When DD isn't contributing, this team isn't very good. When he plays well, as against Nova, we've really at a different level. It's the same dynamic Lamb broght to the 2011 team. That key second guy is Daniels, not Boatright.

You've made an argument for DD being more "valuable", in the literal sense: our chances hinge more sharply on his performance than Boat's. I don't necessarily disagree.

But this list is the top 80 players. You've already conceded that DD doesn't always bring it (while Boat is generally more consistently good), so why is it surprising that Boat is considered a better player than DD?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You've made an argument for DD being more "valuable", in the literal sense: our chances hinge more sharply on his performance than Boat's. I don't necessarily disagree.

But this list is the top 80 players. You've already conceded that DD doesn't always bring it (while Boat is generally more consistently good), so why is it surprising that Boat is considered a better player than DD?

Two reasons. First, he actually has a little better numbers than Boat. More PPG in less minutes, more rebounds and much, much higher efficiency. Boat shoots an embarrasing 38%. Second, he is much less replacable. There is really nobody else on the team who can do what he does. He's a matchup problem for every opponent. With Boatright, I think UConn is often better with Samuel in instead. That's not a knock on Boat, he plays much better with Samuel than with Bazz as well (I loved what they did against Nova). But what Boat brings overlaps what Bazz does to such a degree that it's less valuable when Bazz is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom