Castle some new highlights | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Castle some new highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Has a bit of Jalen Adam’s in his game, but he’s got 3-4” on him
Similar ranking as well. Watching Jalen's sophomore year highlights from tcf15, such a dynamic talent. Tough season with the "top 5" freshman class though. Excited as hell to see Castle's talent translate to team success and championships the same way Jalen's did, as a freshman, for that AAC tournament championship. What a shot. Onions.

Reaction Score
Similar ranking as well. Watching Jalen's sophomore year highlights from tcf15, such a dynamic talent. Tough season with the "top 5" freshman class though. Excited as hell to see Castle's talent translate to team success and championships the same way Jalen's did, as a freshman, for that AAC tournament championship. What a shot. Onions.
If Castle can play at Jalens level, with better coaching, player development, and talent around him - watch out. (Even though it may sound like it, this is not meant to be a slight on prior staff-so pls no comments in response to that which could derail this thread)

Reaction Score
better highlights of Castle’s 30 point game

My favorite is at 2:10 or so when the guy guarding him absolutely rakes him across the arms in one of the more obvious fouls I’ve ever seen and then proceeds to complain to the refs about the foul call.

Reaction Score
Has a bit of Jalen Adam’s in his game, but he’s got 3-4” on him

I think their pace of play and vision are pretty similar. Jalen at the same stage was a much, much better finisher with better body control. I think Stephon might have the edge shooting the rock, if only slightly.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I think their pace of play and vision are pretty similar. Jalen at the same stage was a much, much better finisher with better body control. I think Stephon might have the edge shooting the rock, if only slightly.
Can Stephon finish with both hands?

Reaction Score
Can Stephon finish with both hands?

He doesn't have a very good left. Very right hand dominant, but maybe not as much as Jalen. I'm not sure he completed a left-handed layup once in 4 years.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Love his size. One of the areas teams exploit against us is Cole’s size. Shooting over Cole at the top has become a really effective play given how difficult it is to score inside against us.

He’s not some super athlete though with AK, DC, SC, and likely(?) GG I am slightly concerned with our team athletic makeup in a few years. Great size and shooting though.

Reaction Score
Love his size. One of the areas teams exploit against us is Cole’s size. Shooting over Cole at the top has become a really effective play given how difficult it is to score inside against us.

He’s not some super athlete though with AK, DC, SC, and likely(?) GG I am slightly concerned with our team athletic makeup in a few years. Great size and shooting though.
Still have CFjr and Samson to up the athleticism. Plus, AK is fairly athletic from the clips I've seen. Hawkins could be here for two more years also.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Still have CFjr and Samson to up the athleticism. Plus, AK is fairly athletic from the clips I've seen. Hawkins could be here for two more years also.
Still in on Edwards and Miranda as well.

Reaction Score
By looking at each guy's junior year in high school tape, I think they're really different:

Jalen at ~ 6'1" was more stout and physical with a lower and faster handle.

Stephon at ~ 6'5+" is leaner and more of a smooth glider.

Jalen more of a traditional PG; Stephon more of a 2G. Both guys can play both spots, but you get my drift.

I think Stephon's versatility is going to be a huge asset and his style of play/skillsets are going to mesh nicely with CFJr, RD, JH, and the 3-5 players (AK, DC, SJ, etc.).

Reaction Score
By looking at each guy's junior year in high school tape, I think they're really different:

Jalen at ~ 6'1" was more stout and physical with a lower and faster handle.

Stephon at ~ 6'5+" is leaner and more of a smooth glider.

Jalen more of a traditional PG; Stephon more of a 2G. Both guys can play both spots, but you get my drift.

I think Stephon's versatility is going to be a huge asset and his style of play/skillsets are going to mesh nicely with CFJr, RD, JH, and the 3-5 players (AK, DC, SJ, etc.).

They're both ball dominant combo guards. Stephon is not a 2G. He may play it here, but he is his team's PG every single minute he's in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom