Castle reclass??? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Castle reclass???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I should have provided more detail for the Goldfish Memory Club (my bad), Bouknight wasn't himself because he was coming off mid season elbow surgery which destroyed his shooting touch.
Goldfish memory club lol? wow you have all the sayings, at least for the belligerent dope club!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Using the JC timeline, he gets nine more years to make the Final Four. If he doesn't do it by then, we should talk. I think part of the issue is that he's gotten hopes up too high. He's overachieved with the players he has during the regular season. Let's be honest, a 5th seed with your best 2 (of 3) players coming from Howard and Rhody. That's good coaching.
What rosters in the Big East were better than ours talent wise?

Reaction Score
To summarize: It has been discussed with Castle, it might happen, but it's not set in stone by any means.
Thanks...well that's something I guess.

Now feel free to get back to the Jay Wright topic everyone, sorry to derail that in this thread. I'm sure there is some sixth degree connection to Castle in that discussion. Happy Friday :cool:

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
You easily forget the times when the tournament was a pipe dream nevermind being a higher seed.
Our last coach did win us a National championship and get us to the second round. So no matter how much Ollie may not of been liked or how his tenure ended, DH still hasn’t accomplished nearly as much. He also won the AAC tournament.

It’s weird posters keep trying to use Ollie as a reason why Hurley is doing fine when you actually compare what they won.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The ones that beat us? And played farther into the post season?
Providence, Creighton, Villanova. Nova recruits better than us, but not going to say we aren’t more talented than the others.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You remember the program Hurley inherited, right? The ship had sunk and they were in an inferior conference. Wright was in the OBE with a team that could not have been nearly as broken as UConn was.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you Hurley is perfect and hasnt made mistakes. He clearly has.

What i can tell you is that we were ranked most of the season and are now our fan base is complaining about first world problems. Before Hurley got here we'd KILL to have the problems we're having now.

I expect Hurley to put in the work and right the ship. (even though it really isnt that bad)
Yeah KO put UConn in the AAC and DH got UConn out. You don’t remember what Lappas left Wright with. You honestly think DH would have come to UConn not knowing he was going to recruit in the NBE. Bouk night has said that DH promised him UConn would not be in the AAC. It’s year five, if he doesn’t get to the NBE finals and win at least 2 NCAA games you still going to give him how much more time? I’m not looking to fire anyone but for the bucks UConn is paying him the results have to be there today not down the road

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I should have provided more detail for the Goldfish Memory Club (my bad), Bouknight wasn't himself because he was coming off mid season elbow surgery which destroyed his shooting touch.
That’s what gave him the full body cramps on two separate nights. That clears it all up

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Our last coach did win us a National championship and get us to the second round. So no matter how much Ollie may not of been liked or how his tenure ended, DH still hasn’t accomplished nearly as much. He also won the AAC tournament.

It’s weird posters keep trying to use Ollie as a reason why Hurley is doing fine when you actually compare what they won.

It's really not that weird.

Ollie took the program from the penthouse to the outhouse.

I think we're all tired of Hurley reminding us what terrible condition the program was in when he took over, but he ain't wrong.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It's really not that weird.

Ollie took the program from the penthouse to the outhouse.

I think we're all tired of Hurley reminding us what terrible condition the program was in when he took over, but he ain't wrong.
Ollie took over a program heading to the AAC on NCAA restrictions with virtually no bigs… Phil Nolan was a starting center and Brimah was his 2* backup. Won a championship, the AAC tournament, and got to the 2nd round within 4, 5 years.

These excuses Hurley has been giving are BS. He’s had more than enough time, chances, and talent to get out the first round. His lack of success so far has nothing to do with Ollie. Ollie gave him Jalen Adams, Vital, a DPOY, 6th man of the year, and a guy who was just first team all AAC. All while the program finally did what Ollie was asking us to do for him which was bring us to the Big East.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Ollie took over a program heading to the AAC on NCAA restrictions with virtually no bigs… Phil Nolan was a starting center and Brimah was his 2* backup. Won a championship, the AAC tournament, and got to the 2nd round within 4, 5 years.

These excuses Hurley has been giving are BS. He’s had more than enough time, chances, and talent to get out the first round. His lack of success so far has nothing to do with Ollie. Ollie gave him Jalen Adams, Vital, a DPOY, 6th man of the year, and a guy who was just first team all AAC. All while the program finally did what Ollie was asking us to do for him which was bring us to the Big East.

Nothing you said contradicted anything I said.

Ollie started off great. Nobody disputes that. Then he was a disaster of epic proportions. Kind of amazing we’re still litigating that.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score

Weird...I didn't mention Ollie once. All I said was there was a time when we would have killed to be ranked all yr and make the tournament at all. It's a fact.

Reaction Score
Nothing you said contradicted anything I said.

Ollie started off great. Nobody disputes that. Then he was a disaster of epic proportions. Kind of amazing we’re still litigating that.
I think it’s clear as day, it’s like there were two Ollie eras. The first era was two years, he did as good and probably a better job than anyone else could have. He took a team on probation and got them to not only stay but play super bard every day and achieve a 20 win season. Then a good regular season followed by a masterful job in the NCAA Tourney.

Then he got a big extension, made some bad moves off the court and started recruiting grad seniors and guys off YouTube dunk videos. While also distancing himself from Calhoun and some valuable long tenured assistants. He basically did everything right for two years and everything wrong his last 3 years. Both eras are over and it’s completely on Hurley now to show what he’s capable of.

Attachments

• 1650082098213.png
    1650082098213.png
    97 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads