Castle now a five star? | The Boneyard

Castle now a five star?

Reaction Score
Saw somewhere he's now the 10th highest commit we've ever had according to 247 composite rankings. Right behind Ater Majok and ahead of Jalen Adams.

Some notables ranked ahead of him include Rudy Gay, Charlie Villanueva, Kemba Walker and.....Andrew Bynum

Reaction Score
Even since Andrew Bynum, I'm always happier when our guys go under the radar. Bynum committed to UConn, Calhoun helped him get into the McDs all star game. Then he declared for the draft. Went first round to the Lakers. And never played a minute for the Huskies.

I know I'm paranoid. I just don't know if I'm paranoid enough.

Reaction Score
I judge a recruiting class when it‘s complete and they step on campus. All this angst about first choice, second choice… no thanks. Offering a guy early does not mean he’s a staff’s first choice. In some cases, getting guys on campus for visits can be as much about building basketball relationships and showcasing your program as it is about that guy (two specific cases in this ‘23 class alone that I can think of).

As teams put effort into watching guys and getting to know them, either side can learn not everything is a good fit. But, what’s talked about is a player “dropping“ a school from their list, not that the school preferred a guy commit or not even include them on his list so other recruits know what’s up or that the school slowed down on reaching out (sorry, Darius). I love the full court recruiting press they have going on in September, interested to see how it turns out.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
? Am I missing something is he just a verbal?
Using an official to get to a free ride to campus and be there when Stewart visits. Appears Solo and Jayden will also be on campus as well. Literally and figuratively a full court press by staff and players to get a recruit. Indicating how much they want Stewart.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Congrats to all the recruits, I know it's important to them to see their stars increase
To me, its more about what they do when they put that UConn uniform on and they step onto the court
A really nice class so now they have to put it together and produce Ws.

Reaction Score
Hope they can get a commitment before he leaves campus…

Confused here…he’s already committed. You referring to Stewart in regards to the commitment?

Reaction Score
Using an official to get to a free ride to campus and be there when Stewart visits. Appears Solo and Jayden will also be on campus as well. Literally and figuratively a full court press by staff and players to get a recruit. Indicating how much they want Stewart.
If Jaylin Stewart commits, 247 would have us at the #3 ranked class in the country, only behind Duke and Michigan State. UK would eventually pass us though, they're likely to get at least 2 more of the top 10 recruits in 2023.

Danny. Hurley.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If Jaylin Stewart commits, 247 would have us at the #3 ranked class in the country, only behind Duke and Michigan State. UK would eventually pass us though, they're likely to get at least 2 more of the top 10 recruits in 2023.

Danny. Hurley.
More than class rankings I feel strongly that if Stewart commits and the team avoids the injury bug it’s a recruiting class that would work well together and go far in tournament play by their sophomore year.

Reaction Score
Even since Andrew Bynum, I'm always happier when our guys go under the radar. Bynum committed to UConn, Calhoun helped him get into the McDs all star game. Then he declared for the draft. Went first round to the Lakers. And never played a minute for the Huskies.

I know I'm paranoid. I just don't know if I'm paranoid enough.
Right after okafor left too. Would have been a great bridge to thabeet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom