Castle injury update | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Castle injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very bad news. Goodbye any chance for #6. He probably had significant ligament damage, but not enough for immediate surgery.

We've seen this story before. Castle will try to come back in January or February and won't be anywhere near the player he was. Then, they'll just shut him down the rest of the year.
That's a very pessimistic outlook based on what Hurley just said. I don't know why fans speculate so much on injuries when they have no information on the actual injury.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Do you even Boneyard bro?
marlon brando smile GIF

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
That's a very pessimistic outlook based on what Hurley just said. I don't know why fans speculate so much on injuries when they have no information on the actual injury.

It would have saved a lot of aggravation if that was known earlier in the day. DH “ It looks better already”. For me that does explain a lot. A procedure is not an MRI or surgery. Forgot about the other thing they sometimes do when there is swelling in the knee. Has anyone ever seen those needles?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"He's looking anywhere from early December to after that," Hurley said. "It's like maybe a two, three, four-week thing. It was a very minor procedure and the best-case scenario for him. He looks better already today. Great athletes tend to recover faster.

"He just had to get a little bit of clean-up. He didn't tear anything, just a very minor procedure."

Alternate access:

UConn men's basketball freshman Stephon Castle will miss at least two weeks with knee injury

Reaction Score
This is not the end of the world. It does suck that we’ll miss him for likely Kansas, UNC maybe Gonzaga but it seems like he’ll be good to go for Big East play which is most important.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Welp that's mid December. So he should be back before that game. And because I'm more optimistic than you I believe he will be
I was just going by the KU, UNC, Gonzaga stretch.

KU and UNC is on the 1st and 5th. Would love to have him back by then but that doesn’t seem like it fits the timeline.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Just curious, what kind of very minor procedure could it have been? Something non invasive ?

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
Just curious, what kind of very minor procedure could it have been? Something non invasive ?
Hurley said he did not tear anything. If there was swelling because of the on court incident they could drain the fluid from the knee. Hurley said it looked better already today. So my guess is they drained fluid from his knee with a needle. Now fingers crossed the swelling does not return and he can start pt and be back as quickly as possible. This is all a guess. There are others on the board who do seem pretty connected. So they may know more specifics. But this was the most clarity offered all day from Hurley.

Reaction Score
2-4 weeks is nothing.

Y'all damn near lost your collective minds over....what, exactly?Head bang
Head bangHead bang

Reaction Score
The knee scopes they do now are so non invasive it's crazy. Incision the size of a pen tip.

Coach HS basketball and we had a kid that had a very minor clean up a few years ago and he missed 17 days. Blew my mind to be honest. Go in for knee surgery and you're playing 2.5 weeks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom