Castle injury update | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Castle injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With all the back and forth about player injury information in this thread: I found it interesting that the NFL is looking at the Bengal organization for not reporting anything on Burrough’s wrist injury. Hmmmm…..
Teams hide injury reports all the time it’s nothing new, did you know that Plaxico Burress played in the Super Bowl with a torn ligament in his ankle, Logan Mankins played out a season with a torn ACL.

Reaction Score
Very bad news. Goodbye any chance for #6. He probably had significant ligament damage, but not enough for immediate surgery.

We've seen this story before. Castle will try to come back in January or February and won't be anywhere near the player he was. Then, they'll just shut him down the rest of the year.
Lol wow

Ok - what does this mean:
“probably had significant ligament damage, but not enough for immediate surgery.”

Reaction Score
Unfortunately this is what I feared this season. The Injury Gods absolutely blessed us last season, but it looks like our incredible injury luck has run out.
It makes the Natties that much more impressive. We were a couple calamari’s away from disaster

Reaction Score
Very bad news. Goodbye any chance for #6. He probably had significant ligament damage, but not enough for immediate surgery.

We've seen this story before. Castle will try to come back in January or February and won't be anywhere near the player he was. Then, they'll just shut him down the rest of the year.
too good to be true disney GIF

Reaction Score
This is why I'm not worried about Duke's stacked 2024 class. Injuries can change everything. It's often not the most talented, but luckiest/healthiest team with good talent that wins the title.

Also, at least we got to see a few games from Castle instead of a few plays like Jets fans got out of Aaron Rodgers.

Reaction Score
Was that really such incredible injury luck? I think we got so used to our teams being injured all the time that when we finally had a relatively healthy season people think it was abnormal. The amount of injuries we had for like a 6 year stretch was abnormal, IMO.
I honestly think it's abnormal for any basketball team if there isn't at least one starter that misses a significant amount of time due to injury during a season. These are all very tall guys and the game takes a massive toll on their feet, ankles, and knees.

Reaction Score
on what

Try not to be so optimistic. Things cold get worse

Reaction Score
Was that really such incredible injury luck? I think we got so used to our teams being injured all the time that when we finally had a relatively healthy season people think it was abnormal. The amount of injuries we had for like a 6 year stretch was abnormal, IMO.
Last season we had:
Samson (game 1 starter) missed most of the season.
Karaban (starter for most the year) missed a few weeks in the pre-season and was just getting back into the groove when season started.
Hawkins (starter) concussion, missed 2 games
Jackson (starter) broken hand, missed 3 games

Just so happened that all the injuries happened early in the season. But still had plenty of injuries.

Reaction Score
There has never been smooth sailing in a season for any team in any sport even championship teams, there’s no smooth sailing in life. Are you gonna cry to your mother when you get your hands dirty?

Life is full of adversity, and so is our sports lives, some of you need to have thicker skin.

Reaction Score
Things are only frustrating if you let them frustrate you. I can't get supermodels to come to my house for happy hour and do me while my wife is preparing dinner. I am fairly certain that at 64 years old that doesn't frustrate me.
Maybe it's her cooking?:cool:

Reaction Score
Last season we had:
Samson (game 1 starter) missed most of the season.
Karaban (starter for most the year) missed a few weeks in the pre-season and was just getting back into the groove when season started.
Hawkins (starter) concussion, missed 2 games
Jackson (starter) broken hand, missed 3 games

Just so happened that all the injuries happened early in the season. But still had plenty of injuries.
Diarra injury too, think that affected him a bit when he came back for the tournament but luckily it didn’t have an effect on the team as we had that luxury to not play him.

Reaction Score
Not being able to say definitively it’s not season ending is very bad news
Agreed. I'm not even sure what that means. It's a knee... doesn't appear season ending...

Have consulted doctors ? They typically have the most aptitude in this area

Reaction Score
Things are only frustrating if you let them frustrate you. I can't get supermodels to come to my house for happy hour and do me while my wife is preparing dinner. I am fairly certain that at 64 years old that doesn't frustrate me.
POTD

Reaction Score
It’s not entitlement, teams regularly disclose timelines, we don’t really.
We don't - ever - it seems. If someone told you that Hurley was reading that off an injury magic 8 ball, would it surprise you ?

Sounds like a fortune teller with a crystal ball. I see an injury in your future... I see a K... is there a body part that starts with K ? Oh, a knee, yes, it s a knee... How severe... things are cloudy... not season ending... but... will miss some time...

That'll be $200

Reaction Score
It is entitlement: some teams disclose timelines, some don't. Regardless, fans aren't entitled to the information. It is Castle's private medical information. Just because some people give information, doesn't mean you have to. This seems pretty simple.
No its not FFS. Injury timelines are generally SOP in sports and has been for decades. And if privacy is their fallback position, then just flippin say so.

Reaction Score
Well, that’s fine for you, but what about me? I’m only 62.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom