Castle draft status? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Castle draft status?

Reaction Score
Ivey who is clearly one of their best players, and very young to boot because of some personal conflict between the two.
I hadn't read that anywhere. Where did you hear about it being a personal issue ? Everyone was speculating that it was just defense. I assumed it was right because why else would killian hayes have gotten minutes ?

Reaction Score
Sam Vecenie says he now has Castle in the top 5 of his board in this mock draft video. Good discussion of him (and some quite flattering UConn talk as well) here.

That's a good endorsement. There's like 3 guys/sites that really make an impression on the minds of NBA teams, and Sam is one of them. If he has Steph in his top 5, that's big.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Sam Vecenie says he now has Castle in the top 5 of his board in this mock draft video. Good discussion of him (and some quite flattering UConn talk as well) here.

Interesting that he doesn’t see him as a PG currently. Sounds like scouts are looking at him like the Thompson twins. Who also went top 5 last year (and are also guys I think an NBA team should give the keys to them as lead guard).

Reaction Score

Maybe just me but I’m not digging the new co-host this season. He just repeats Sam and uses a lot of words to make few insights.

Reaction Score
Fine Brandon Roy. 4 years 6th pick.

Catch a theme on the two players yet?
Everyone has a different path and Brandon Roy wasn’t gonna be a lottery pick as a freshman. We have Castle this year why are we talking about next year.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He should stay and get his degree
He should go as a lottery pick and buy his own prep school. Then when he retires he can use his prep school to help him brush up for his degree drive.

Reaction Score

No Ceilings guys with Steph @ 5 too. Great to see him climbing back up. It’s gotta be challenging to lose your shot and slide down the mocks but to his immense credit, he continued to play balls to the wall and immensely impact the game, even with a broken jumper. Now that it appears fixed, the sky is the limit.

Reaction Score

No Ceilings guys with Steph @ 5 too. Great to see him climbing back up. It’s gotta be challenging to lose your shot and slide down the mocks but to his immense credit, he continued to play balls to the wall and immensely impact the game, even with a broken jumper. Now that it appears fixed, the sky is the limit.
Besides Castle at #5, he has Clingan at #13, and Karaban at #41. I’m not sure if Karaban would leave if he’s going be a second round pick. It sure is nice having three legit NBA talents for the second year in a row.

Reaction Score

Good discussion, thanks for posting. Vecenie had Castle going #8 to Houston, but as you said, said he was in the top 5 of his own rankings. The co-cost, Bryce Simon, had Clingan going to Atlanta at #15. It sounded like he could have gone anywhere in the teens, depending on team need.

Another interesting note is that when Vecenie had Edey going to the Celtics at #30, he mentioned that he has not talked to any NBA teams who project Edey as a lottery pick, despite some recent mock drafts suggesting he could go that high. Some of the guys doing mock drafts really are a lot more plugged in than others.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't know if that's true. I'm inclined to believe Calhoun would encourage any player who was in the lottery to leave.
He talked Rip into coming back.

Reaction Score
Could Castle end up the #1 pick?

Scouts must be drooling over him. Legit 6'6 with serious on court strength. He finishes though contact as well as you'll see. He has great vision. He's a lockdown defender who can guard 1-4. And he's now showing his shooting. He's a great player/prospect as is and when you factor in how smart a player he is it makes him even more unique.
dont think he will go #1 but if he has a big March he could make himself a legit option for whatever team has the pick. I mean before he even started playing well he was projected top 5 so i assume its possible. Unless top 5 was the ceiling that people projected for him if he played well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He talked Rip into coming back.
Would Rip have been a lottery pick in 1998?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
dont think he will go #1 but if he has a big March he could make himself a legit option for whatever team has the pick. I mean before he even started playing well he was projected top 5 so i assume its possible. Unless top 5 was the ceiling that people projected for him if he played well.
Yeah this is the current #1 pick. I guess all 7’ Euros just move like KD now. That’s a thing.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah this is the current #1 pick. I guess all 7’ Euros just move like KD now. That’s a thing.

Sarr is a great prospect, but I’m not convinced he’s locked in at number 1. There’s questions about his offensive toolset. A big, athletic creator like Castle could pass him in time. Especially if the 3pt shot and FT% stabilizes in a promising place, imo.

Reaction Score
No Ceilings now has Castle at #9 (Atlanta), Clingan at #12 (Portland), and Karaban at #36 (Minnesota).

Reaction Score
Would Rip have been a lottery pick in 1998?
You never know for sure - but I recall projections were that he could go late first round after his sophomore year. That could have gone up (or down) after pre-draft workouts and things, and of course all you need is one team to like you in the right spot.

It was a bit of a different era where you could legitimately raise your stock by maturing in college and adding a little bit to your game. Now you tend to just get a year older and closer to your plateau.

Reaction Score
Here's one mock that features Castle, Clingan and Karaban:

Reaction Score
Here's one mock that features Castle, Clingan and Karaban:

Kinda wild to me in a league that values shooting just how bad some of these guys are at shooting the rock. Half the lottery is sub-30%.

Reaction Score
Kinda wild to me in a league that values shooting just how bad some of these guys are at shooting the rock. Half the lottery is sub-30%.
The teams think they can teach shooting. Sometimes they're right, sometimes it doesn't work.
You can't teach size, athleticism, vision, feel, defensive effort, but you can teach shooting.
This is exactly why Castle can shoot a lower percentage and still go in the lottery.
Although lately he has been shooting so well, and now we see him in the top 5 of some mocks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom