Caron started Game 6 and will start Game 7 tonight | The Boneyard

Caron started Game 6 and will start Game 7 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Scott Brooks was looking to influence/impact every aspect(points,assists,rebounds,defense and energy) of OKC's game to take back the series from Memphis, he sure as hell turned to the right guy. I saw a video on my phone where Caron talked about the different mindsets between starting and backing up; and, unfortunately, I can't find it again on the Thunder or NBA websites. But here is a video with Caron talking Game 6 postgame. For a "tough" guy Caron has always impressed me with his ability to be polite and, most importantly, humble in every situation. The video that I couldn't find he talked also about how thrilled he is to be playing for a winning team again, but, most importantly how highly he thinks of the OKC organization, fans and life in the city in general. Caron has always been my all-time favorite UCONN player. :)

http://www.nba.com/thunder/video/channel/postgame-interviews/?ls=channav

Also, getting back to the discussion of KO's future, I had a chance yesterday to talk to a customer of mine who coached Dee Rowe's son at E.O. Smith H.S. many years ago; and he is now the head men's coach of a Division 2 basketball program that compete's in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference. He is very familiar with and has many contacts in the UCONN basketball community(including KO) as well as college and professional basketball in general. He did not believe that KO was going anywhere for the immediate future but that, if he did leave, Oklahoma City would be a likely destination. Certainly don't want to lose KO: but, if we did, the thought of him in OKC with Caron(and Jeremy and Hasheem), Kevin Durant,Russell Westbrook etc. is really appealing.

GO HUSKIES!!!
2014 NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
UCONN_2014.jpg

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
[quote=" a customer of mine who coached Dee Rowe's son at E.O. Smith H.S. many years ago; and he is now the head men's coach of a Division 2 basketball program that compete's in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference".

GO HUSKIES!!!
UCONN_2014.jpg
[/quote]
Very cool. That was likely my coach as well ( I was the year behind Donny at EOS)...was it Coach P?
Thanks!

Reaction Score
I'm in the drycleaning business. My production plant and retail store is in Naugatuck and I have three other stores(one of which is in Woodbury). I happened to be there Friday morning when this guy walks in with a suit to be cleaned. Being a Husky gear freak, I had both a championship hat and tee on. He commented about me being a UCONN fan(I did not know him prior to this). He introduced himself as Al Sokaitis and told me he was the head men's hoops coach at Post University(since 2010); and he also laid out some of his history by way of explaining his connections to UCONN hoops and KO. He is also a good friend(among many he has in college & pro hoops) with Mike Woodson(recently fired by the Knicks). This was all part of discussion we had about where loyalty could be found, if anyplace, between employers(pro franchises, universities etc.) and employees(coaches,players etc.). At any rate he started the whole conversation with comment about EO Smith & Dee Rowe's son. I checked it out on Wiki and he started at Smith in 1977. Hope that helps in a long winded sort of way.

GO HUSKIES!!!
uconnhuskieschampionshiplogo.png

Last edited:

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I'm in the drycleaning business. My production plant and retail store is in Naugatuck and I have three other stores(one of which is in Woodbury). I happened to be there Friday morning when this guy walks in with a suit to be cleaned. Being a Husky gear freak, I had both a championship hat and tee on. He commented about me being a UCONN fan(I did not know him prior to this). He introduced himself as Al Sokaitis and told me he was the head men's hoops coach at Post University(since 2010); and he also laid out some of his history by way of explaining his connections to UCONN hoops and KO. He is also a good friend(among many he has in college & pro hoops) with Mike Woodson(recently fired by the Knicks). This was all part of discussion we had about where loyalty could be found, if anyplace, between employers(pro franchises, universities etc.) and employees(coaches,players etc.). At any rate he started the whole conversation with comment about EO Smith & Dee Rowe's son. I checked it out on Wiki and he started at Smith in 1977. Hope that helps in a long winded sort of way.

GO HUSKIES!!!
uconnhuskieschampionshiplogo.png
Coach Sokaitis is a very cool and charismatic guy. He was only at EOS for my first two years. He was also a great teacher...taught a freshmen year social science course that I took. Last time I heard he was coaching in Alaska...good to see him back in the lower 48!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom