Carolyn Peck picks SC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Carolyn Peck picks SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter what Carolyn Peck says because I mute my television or risk getting a headache!!!

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
IMO, Peck picked SC to add to pregame hype. Sorta thew herself under the bus.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I hope her health insurance is great because she's been run over so many times she can't have a working bone in her body left.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Iam not tweet literate but she tweeted the following :
CAROLYNPECK CAROLYN PECK
Stewart, Jefferson, KML & Tuck were just too much for South Carolina. Talent and experience. Can't wait for March #SCvsUConn

My question would be why did you pick against them?

Reaction Score
Iam not tweet literate but she tweeted the following :
CAROLYNPECK CAROLYN PECK
Stewart, Jefferson, KML & Tuck were just too much for South Carolina. Talent and experience. Can't wait for March #SCvsUConn

My question would be why did you pick against them?
A little crow there, but also implying that the rematch will be a good game. And it might just be me, but it sorta seems like, "Can't wait for the rematch because I wanna see SC get even." ??

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

On one hand, that'd be a pretty impressive athletic move, and should be commended. On the other, she might've just fallen off of them spiky shoes...:p

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't understand why it's a big deal that she picked South Carolina. It's not like the commentators are going to affect the outcome of the game if they pick one team over the other.
It really doesn't matter but it's just a little ironic that she was supposedly a prestigious women's college basketball coach and yet she comes across as a blithering idiot who is totally clueless in regard to that same game she coached. The fact that anyone would care about or put any substance into any opinion that she had was the whole premise of my remarks. It's almost like someone caring what Tiny Tim might have thought about whether Dick Butkus was the greatest middle linebacker in NFL history. DOESN'T MATTER! I made my remark to suggest that very thing! It's almost like an OFF TOPIC kind of thing, just idle chatter!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
A little crow there, but also implying that the rematch will be a good game. And it might just be me, but it sorta seems like, "Can't wait for the rematch because I wanna see SC get even." ??
Maybe because she thinks the rematch will be closer. I got news for her - one word - "NOPE"

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I myself was concerned about the game, Buzzy, until I saw Peck's selection.
Carolyn's pick baffled me... Statistically speaking(purely based on averages on big games only our ranked game averages vs theres), I found not one shred of evidence to even think the game would be close.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't understand why it's a big deal that she picked South Carolina. It's not like the commentators are going to affect the outcome of the game if they pick one team over the other.
It's just annoying really. Her analysis was terrible. As a die hard WBB fan you want the sport to grow and the people they put on TV to talk about it should be a bit more knowledgeable. I could appreciate her selection if it was backed by really good facts or she made some really good talking points. I was pretty baffled, to be honest. I found nothing statistically to support her choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom