Caroline Doty | The Boneyard

Caroline Doty

Reaction Score
Caroline and Tiffany were THE dynamic duo. Caroline's outside shooting perfectly complemented Tiffany's drive-to-the-basket style. And they were getting better and better.

It was awful that Caroline tore her ACL against Syracuse. She was never the same after that moment. She came back and played, but she was a shadow of her former self.

O what could have been!!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Found this pic of Doty from junior year, I believe:

Honey-Badger-Dont-Care.jpg

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Sad reminder of the darker side of what can happen in sports.

We were robbed of seeing her at her true potential (just as she was robbed of fully realizing it).

Good to see she landed solidly at Nike.

Reaction Score
Caroline had a toughness and a grit that made her so special Healthy, I would have easily taken her before Tiffany Hayes but that wasn't to be. I'm glad that she ended her Huskie career on the note that she did, winning a national championship though I'm sure she would have much preferred a bigger role. I think she was more of an inspirational leader in her senior year though she did have some special moments.

Reaction Score
Caroline and Tiffany were THE dynamic duo. Caroline's outside shooting perfectly complemented Tiffany's drive-to-the-basket style. And they were getting better and better.

It was awful that Caroline tore her ACL against Syracuse. She was never the same after that moment. She came back and played, but she was a shadow of her former self.

O what could have been!!!

I thought she had a fine and effective 2009-10 season. No injuries to speak of that season, she started throughout. She was Kia Nurse before Kia Nurse - tenacious defense, a great quarterback and floor leader at the point, with a very streaky perimeter shot.

I believe it was the 3rd knee injury she suffered prior to the 2010-11 season that was the 'nail in the coffin' of her starter's effectiveness.

I also believe her absence was a factor in the Final Four loss to ND in '11. Tiff Hayes was "lost" most of that game.

Reaction Score
I thought she had a fine and effective 2009-10 season. No injuries to speak of that season, she started throughout. She was Kia Nurse before Kia Nurse - tenacious defense, a great quarterback and floor leader at the point, with a very streaky perimeter shot.

I believe it was the 3rd knee injury she suffered prior to the 2010-11 season that was the 'nail in the coffin' of her starter's effectiveness.

I also believe her absence was a factor in the Final Four loss to ND in '11. Tiff Hayes was "lost" most of that game.

Definately agree with this. I just finished watching the Oklahoma game in 2008-2009. With her on the floor, the D couldn't pack the middle, had to keep a body on her or she made them pay.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The locals would tell you that neither Fort Washington nor Norristown are Philadelphia. (neither is Pottsville Muffet)
Uhm, no we won't. Muffet is actually from West Chester-close enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom