Carla Berube to CT? - (interesting speculation) | The Boneyard

Carla Berube to CT? - (interesting speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn_Tweet_17.jpg

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She seems pretty happy at Tufts, but you never know. Got to think she has gotten some calls before with her record.

Reaction Score
If Carla is happy at Tufts and wants to stay there longterm that's fine, but if she wants to move into D-I then the Yale job could do for her what the Princeton job has done for Courtney. The Ivy League is a good place to be if you're hoping to build a reputation.

Reaction Score
I'd love to have Carla back in CT. But if she's happy where she is she should stay.

Reaction Score
During her acceptance speech for the United States Marine Corps/WBCA Division III National Coach of the Year award in Tampa, Carla indicated that Division III was the right fit for her.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
During her acceptance speech for the United States Marine Corps/WBCA Division III National Coach of the Year award in Tampa, Carla indicated that Division III was the right fit for her.
There is D1 and then D1 - The Ivy is D1 in name only really. No athletic scholarships and a very restrictive admittance standard. Except for the competition OOC, most Ivys function pretty similar to a D II or even a D III school except with more money for facilities and operations.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
There is D1 and then D1 - The Ivy is D1 in name only really. No athletic scholarships and a very restrictive admittance standard. Except for the competition OOC, most Ivys function pretty similar to a D II or even a D III school except with more money for facilities and operations.
You beat me to it. Very true. And the coaching position at Yale is endowed, FWIW.

On a separate note - what was Chris Gobrecht thinking???? Air Force?????? Sadly, doormats of the MW. Navy and Army compete although the MW is arguably tougher than the Patriot League. But not a plum job.

Reaction Score
Ivy is much more like the Patriot league than D-II. Princeton was in the second round of the tournament this year, and Harvard beat one of Tara's Stanford teams back in the day. But full disclosure, I'm a Yale guy and would love to see Carla get the job.

Reaction Score
UcMiami it is precisely for the reasons that you list that I think Yale would be a good (if she wants it) move for Berube. She would not be pressured to win instantly and the Ivy playing field is relatively level. Princeton in on top now but Dartmouth won a few in a row in the early 2000's and Cornell, Penn and Harvard have won recently.
A move to an Ivy from Tufts is, as you say, almost a latteral move, but if she helped to re-shape the program there other opportunities (again if that is her goal) would open up. And there are worse places to be than on an Ivy campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom