Carla’s team upset a ranked team | The Boneyard

Carla’s team upset a ranked team

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I see that they were only 4.5 point underdogs. Looks like they have another good team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
well-coached teams like Princeton can often "undress" the ranked pretenders...........not sure who else they play but this likely won't be the last ranked team they beat......

Indiana on Saturday, that's it for the rest of the regular season.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
don't forget that carla was a top coach for many years at tufts, in div 3, with a geno-like winning percentage. it's not like tufts was a hotbed of women's bb with super players. she was able to make good high school players -- whose top priority wasn't athletics -- better as a team.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Carla is #1 on my wish list for when Geno retires

AF864761-0EF6-49AC-9FB7-FB7E98B59878.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm sure Carla is on the wish for a lot of programs but the question is what is on HER wish list? I've seen her quoted as saying the Ivy League is more her speed. She may not want the pressure of coaching at UConn or another major program.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Carla is on the wish for a lot of programs but the question is what is on HER wish list? I've seen her quoted as saying the Ivy League is more her speed. She may not want the pressure of coaching at UConn or another major program.
I don’t know- a young coach with her very successful resume and playing experience, to not want the opportunity to return to Alma mater and take most successful women’s program back to continuous championship level, is hard to imagine.

She would be fantastic!

Reaction Score
Carla has been extremely successful recruiting strong basketball and acedemic IQ players at the top +/- 100 player recruiting level. We have several relatives that coach or work in the Partriot League and other Ivys that feel that Princeton has become a defacto standard in this segment. Per recent comments she has made, Carla may not feel that this translates to a Top 10 school and similar to Fireford's comment, it remains to be seen whether she wants to coach at this level.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Congrats to Princeton (Coach Carla and her players) for this victory. Defeated another coach who "moved up" (Jenny B) at Oklahoma. Shut down Payton Verhulst, who had been on a roll.

As a Jersey guy, very pleased to see Coach Berube has continued (pushed even higher?) what Coach Banghart had done with the Tigers (led by players like Bella Alarie). This team obviously has Chen, but Madison St. Rose was as really fine get for Carla: a Jersey Shore conference players who was overall NJ player of the year. Expect to see continued very good things from this year's squad if those two continue to produce.

As for her next steps: the move from Tufts -- which has high-level athletics as a larger-population DIII school -- to Princeton made sense. Don't know what the future brings, but she's in pretty darn good place right now, for sure. ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
well-coached teams like Princeton can often "undress" the ranked pretenders...........not sure who else they play but this likely won't be the last ranked team they beat......
True, but you need players too and she has 'em.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I see that they were only 4.5 point underdogs. Looks like they have another good team.
Yes, and by now a lot of the roster will have been recruited by Carla.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom