Cap One League Cup 2015/16 | The Boneyard

Cap One League Cup 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The third round draw happened today, and one of the 16 draws is a doozy. This is the round that all the Premiere League sides join the fray, and it's down to 32 clubs. Spurs v Arsenal at White Hart Lane is the premiere match for the third round. Matches are Tuesday, September 22. Arsenal plays @ Chelsea the Satirday before, and Spurs hosts Palace that Sunday. Gunners will have the more intense match, Spurs a day less rest. Bring it b1tches.

Here's a look at the Round 3 draw in full:
Spurs v Arsenal
Middlesbrough v Wolverhampton
Norwich v WBA
Hull v Swansea
Leicester v West Ham
Aston Villa v Birmingham City
Man U v Ipswich Town
Liverpool v Carlisle United
Crystal Palace v Charlton Athletic
Fulham v Stoke
Sunderland v Man City
Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday
Reading v Barnsley or Everton (they play tomorrow)
Preston North End v Bournemouth
Walsall v Chelsea
Milton Keynes Dons v Southampton

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The third round draw happened today, and one of the 16 draws is a doozy. This is the round that all the Premiere League sides join the fray, and it's down to 32 clubs. Spurs v Arsenal at White Hart Lane is the premiere match for the third round. Matches are Tuesday, September 22. Arsenal plays @ Chelsea the Satirday before, and Spurs hosts Palace that Sunday. Gunners will have the more intense match, Spurs a day less rest. Bring it b1tches.

Here's a look at the Round 3 draw in full:
Spurs v Arsenal
Middlesbrough v Wolverhampton
Norwich v WBA
Hull v Swansea
Leicester v West Ham
Aston Villa v Birmingham City
Man U v Ipswich Town
Liverpool v Carlisle United
Crystal Palace v Charlton Athletic
Fulham v Stoke
Sunderland v Man City
Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday
Reading v Barnsley or Everton (they play tomorrow)
Preston North End v Bournemouth
Walsall v Chelsea
Milton Keynes Dons v Southampton

Agree it is an exciting match; but, it should not be in Round 3. Just looking at who some of the mid and lower level Premiership teams drew (Newcastle v Sheffield, Norwich v WBA, etc.), its clear that the Capital Cup is not seeded. Just hoping the Gunners fix their center back leaks and figure out a way to better balance their center midfield to provide more scoring opportunities before both matches (Chelsea and this one).

Reaction Score
Agree it is an exciting match; but, it should not be in Round 3. Just looking at who some of the mid and lower level Premiership teams drew (Newcastle v Sheffield, Norwich v WBA, etc.), its clear that the Capital Cup is not seeded. Just hoping the Gunners fix their center back leaks and figure out a way to better balance their center midfield to provide more scoring opportunities before both matches (Chelsea and this one).
Agreed, but it's one of the great things (in my opinion) about these cup matches. The randomness of the draw. This is why you get some lower division or lower EPL teams making it so deep. If it was re-seeded each round the Wigans of the world would never play at Wembley.

Reaction Score
Spurs v Arsenal is now a Wednesday, September 23rd match. Both will be coming off of European cup games the week prior and a weekend EPL game.
Arsenal is at Dinamo Zagreb Wed, Sept 16, then at Chelsea Saturday, Sept 19, and away for Tottenham the 23rd So 3 away games, but the final 2 are in their home city.
Spurs are home v Qarabağ from Azerbaijan (sp?) Thurs, Sept 17, then home v Crystal Palace on Sunday the 20th, and home for Arsenal on the 23rd. Thankfully all home games, so no travel demands.

Reaction Score
So a quarter of this weeks' Cup matches are all EPL affairs. Spurs v Arsenal, Leicester v West Ham, Norwich v WBA, and Sunderland v City.
Spurs - Gunners after sun down at the end of Yom Kippur. Not a bad way for the Yid Army to break their fast. For Arsenal, Paulista and Cazorla should be well rested after reduced playing time Saturday ;). I'm obviously not an Arsenal fan, but they were robbed by piss poor officiating on the first red for sure, and the 2nd yellow on Cazorla was iffy...but when playing with a yellow you don't go in for a tackle like that...still not sure it deserve a yellow/red. I don't know if they would have won, drawn, or lost, but it impacted the outcome. Costa is a scumbag.

Who'd have thought LC-WH would both be top 4 in the table at this point?

Reaction Score
So a quarter of this weeks' Cup matches are all EPL affairs. Spurs v Arsenal, Leicester v West Ham, Norwich v WBA, and Sunderland v City.
Spurs - Gunners after sun down at the end of Yom Kippur. Not a bad way for the Yid Army to break their fast. For Arsenal, Paulista and Cazorla should be well rested after reduced playing time Saturday ;). I'm obviously not an Arsenal fan, but they were robbed by piss poor officiating on the first red for sure, and the 2nd yellow on Cazorla was iffy...but when playing with a yellow you don't go in for a tackle like that...still not sure it deserve a yellow/red. I don't know if they would have won, drawn, or lost, but it impacted the outcome. Costa is a scumbag.

Who'd have thought LC-WH would both be top 4 in the table at this point?

While I am a Gooner, I admit to pulling a bit for Leicester City, even if they are owned by some Thai billionaire. Its better that a Russian or Saudi billionaire. Can't say the same for West Ham because they are another London club.

I actually don't have a problem with Cazorla being tossed. He is not known for tackling and should have never even tried with a Yellow already on hand. Foolish. As for Costa, I already went off on him and the ref on another posting. I would like to see Costa play some good old center backs from the '70's and '80's. If he tried that routine during those times, he would be coming off the pitch in a stretcher.

As for Wednesday, fingers crossed that Sanchez finally gets out f his fund and finds the back of the net. I think he is key if Arsenal is going to pluck that turkey at White Hart lane or not.

Reaction Score
The first 8 Cap One matches this round are close to being in the books...
City 4-1 over Sunderland final (Sunderland, I think this is the year you finally get relegated after several years of flirting with the bottom 3).
Middlesbrough 3-0 over Wolves final
Villa 1-0 over Birmingham final
Stoke 1-0 over Fulham final
Hull 1-0 over Swansea final
Everton 2-1 over Reading in the 88th minute
Leicester currently tied with West Ham in AET, still playing
Preston North End tied with Bournemouth in AET, still playing

8 more on tap tomorrow...headlined by Spurs v. arsenal

Reaction Score
Spurs are resting Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Son, and Alli. Arsenal keeping Ozil, Walcott, Sanchez, on the bench to start.
Looks like B to B+ sides for both clubs.

Scoreless in the 25th minute. beIN app sucks, don't bother. Even Fotmob app radio broadcast cutting in and out for me. Oh well...

Reaction Score
Spurs are resting Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Son, and Alli. Arsenal keeping Ozil, Walcott, Sanchez, on the bench to start.
Looks like B to B+ sides for both clubs.

Scoreless in the 25th minute. beIN app sucks, don't bother. Even Fotmob app radio broadcast cutting in and out for me. Oh well...

I only have my Kindle on me and BeIn's app is not available on it to date. Even walk around the block for 10 minutes to see if a late, long lunch break was feasible; but, did not see one TV with it on.

Looks to be 1 to 1 early in the second half with Flamani with a goal for Arsenal and Chambers with an own goal for the Spurs tying it up.

Reaction Score
I say this as a lukewarm Liverpool supporter, but they are an absolute joke! Tied to Carlisle???? 10th place in League 2? Reallllly?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm dreading reading about it - my phone kept alerting me about Norwich goals. Hopefully some plucky non-EPL side is available to support.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nice to get a win after the debacle with Chelsea. And to beat Spurs :D. At Spurs :D:D.

Reaction Score
I did not catch any of Spurs/Arsenal. Bummed at result, kind of wish both sides played their regular 11 as opposed to a mixed "frankensquad", but be's what it be's. Hopefully will serve Spurs well having one less mid-week match to contend with in October. They need to get their stuff together and Kane needs to snap the hell out of it. From what I read he missed a couple great opportunities, which has been the norm for him this season.

Here's the round of 16 games, to be played October 27-28 I believe
City v Palace
United v Middlesbrough
Southampton v Villa
Stoke v Chelsea
Hull v Leicester
Sheffield Wednesday v Arsenal
Everton v Norwich
Liverpool v Bournemouth

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I did not catch any of Spurs/Arsenal. Bummed at result, kind of wish both sides played their regular 11 as opposed to a mixed "frankensquad", but be's what it be's. Hopefully will serve Spurs well having one less mid-week match to contend with in October. They need to get their stuff together and Kane needs to snap the hell out of it. From what I read he missed a couple great opportunities, which has been the norm for him this season.
Kane had one shot cleared off the line by Gibbs (LB). Otherwise he would have scored. Would have been a real nice shot.

Reaction Score
Woulda, coulda.... Those all went in last season for him....game of inches.
Flamini had a nice night for himself.

Reaction Score

Whatever Kane has, he has shared it with Sanchez, too. Happy with the next round for Arsenal as it looks 'easy' on paper. I wonder which Liverpool team will show-up against Bournemouth. Stoke v Chelsea looks to be the biggest match.

Reaction Score
Sheffield Wednesday up 2-0 over Arsenal at the half. Both Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcot were subbed off in the 5th and 19th minutes. O-C hamstring started tightening up on him (not clear how severe, but not too serious according ticker), not sure about Walcott. Other 3 matches are scorelss at the half (Everton v Norwich, Stoke v Chelsea, and Hull v Leicester).

Reaction Score
Quite the day in Cap One Cup round of 16.
Sheffield Wednesday over Arsenal 3-0
Stoke over Chelsea on PK's
Everton over Norwich on PK's
Hull over Leicester on PK's

Tomorrow is Southampton v Villa, Liverpool v Bournemouth, City v Palace, and United v Middlesbrough

Reaction Score
Quite the day in Cap One Cup round of 16.
Sheffield Wednesday over Arsenal 3-0
Stoke over Chelsea on PK's
Everton over Norwich on PK's
Hull over Leicester on PK's

Tomorrow is Southampton v Villa, Liverpool v Bournemouth, City v Palace, and United v Middlesbrough

Wenger has no interest in the Capital One Cup and neither did the players. Would have at least liked to see the Gunners try. What a stinker.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wenger has no interest in the Capital One Cup and neither did the players. Would have at least liked to see the Gunners try. What a stinker.
Basically a run out for some fringe and young players.

Reaction Score
Order restored today, for the most part.
City pasted Palace 4-1
Southampton 2-1 over Villa
Liverpool 1-0 over Bournemouth
United 0-0 v. Middlesbrough in the 80th minute

Reaction Score
Semi-finals begin today. Liverpool beating Stoke 1-0, at Stoke, early 2H in the first leg.
Everton v City tomorrow in their 1st leg.

2nd legs are in 3 weeks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Semi-finals begin today. Liverpool beating Stoke 1-0, at Stoke, early 2H in the first leg.
Everton v City tomorrow in their 1st leg.

Rooting hard for Everton today. An Everton-Liverpool final would have some juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom