Can we use our bench, please?! | The Boneyard

Can we use our bench, please?!

Reaction Score
Thankfully we won, but I'm sorry we need to use our bench. Not only because we are fatigued....but maybe...just MAYBE someone could provide a spark off the bench that we weren't getting for long stretches of time. Hmmmm?!?! :):):)

We need to keep our players fresh (and healthy) for the March run. Running them into the ground for an extra win or 2 along the way is not the way to go. Anyone else losing their mind over this at all??

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Really. You want to pull Nika and put a freshman in? Who do you take out for Amari? Ayanna came in for Lou after a hard foul (not called) and passed the ball, didn’t look to go to the basket and didn’t rebound.

Reaction Score
UConn did use the bench, Peterson played five minutes subbing for both Aubrey and Lou. All the rest that was needed.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Thankfully we won, but I'm sorry we need to use our bench. Not only because we are fatigued....but maybe...just MAYBE someone could provide a spark off the bench that we weren't getting for long stretches of time. Hmmmm?!?! :):):)

We need to keep our players fresh (and healthy) for the March run. Running them into the ground for an extra win or 2 along the way is not the way to go. Anyone else losing their mind over this at all??
Give this bench line a rest.

Reaction Score
I dont care who replaces who..but somebody needs to replace somebody for at least a few mins at a time. If we take a couple losses because of it who cares?? It's like ducharme last year when she first came into games he'd pull her right away after a mistake. She started playing carefree when people had injuries and knew she wouldn't be yanked.

Just saying, we need healthy bodies and you never know who might make a play off the bench unless they are actually utilized. They've all shown moments during the year that they can handle it if given the chance.

Reaction Score
Like I said before if we take a couple losses who cares. Need our starters rested for the long run.
You will not be a good coach ... How can the starters get some rests when they lose a couple games?

Reaction Score
Our starters can play better in the same game if they get a bit of a break. I don't think playing them less will help them for the next game or later in the season. So yes play our subs for a few more minutes.

Reaction Score
The bench isnt ready, plain-and-simple. Geno feels he has a better chance with the tired starters. I expected much more from Ayanna. I thought at the very least she would be a force on the boards and on defense. We dont need her scoring. Today, against a very small Villanova team, she did nothing. Was invisible. Against Tennessee she was invisible. It seems like she is afraid to be physical and aggressive because of fouls. I'd rather she commits fouls if she is able to provide some much needed physical play and set a tone.

Reaction Score
Nope. None of the three players currently on the bench have consistently shown they can positively impact the game against a good team. There is a significant gap between the five starters and the bench players right now. Azzi and Caroline coming back will be crucial.

Reaction Score
I think building chemistry at this point of the season is so crucial. While it appears they starters are exhausted, this group I believe has played 10 games together? The bench is doing what I recommend right now, watching the game so they can gather data should it be needed.

Jim

Reaction Score
You have two grad students and three juniors on the floor vs one sophomore and two freshmen on the bench. Even when tired, the drop off in skill and experience is huge. Until more talent is available on the bench or there is a comfortable lead, starters will see lots of minutes.

Reaction Score
I used to be one of those people back in the day that if we lost I didn't think the sun would come up the next day. As I've aged I've realized it does still come up..and it shines extra brightly upon those who are well rested. :);)
You’re new to sports, aren’t you…..

Reaction Score
I dont care who replaces who..but somebody needs to replace somebody for at least a few mins at a time. If we take a couple losses because of it who cares?? It's like ducharme last year when she first came into games he'd pull her right away after a mistake. She started playing carefree when people had injuries and knew she wouldn't be yanked.

Just saying, we need healthy bodies and you never know who might make a play off the bench unless they are actually utilized. They've all shown moments during the year that they can handle it if given the chance.
What's your choice? Sub in a nail-biter of a game against a tough opponent or win the game. Which way do you want it it. They weren't playing a team they were beating by 30-40 today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom