Can we please stop playing Buffalo? | The Boneyard

Can we please stop playing Buffalo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We play them as much as Rutty and Louisville. Can't wait for the electric stadium tomorrow - 15K tops.

Another Hathaway legacy - so sick of Buffalo

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I only speak for myself but Buffalo is no longer a boring, early season W.

I'm hopefully optimistic at best when it comes to tomorrow.

Put a beating on them for a few consecutive years and I'm with you that we find an upgraded home and home. Until then, fingers crossed we find ourselves in that situation sometime soon.

Reaction Score
In another thread someone posted that SUNY@B tweeted out they were expecting a near sell-out. (Which is still under 30k) It's their home opener. Regardless of how good they may ever become there is just something about the word Buffalo (when not followed by chicken) that just bores me to death though.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Agree. Stop this nonsense series.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Agreed. Although I have a feeling we are going to lose tomorrow, this series is a lose-lose for UCONN. Tomorrow, it could be a lose-lose loss. Now that is low.

Reaction Score
In another thread someone posted that SUNY@B tweeted out they were expecting a near sell-out. (Which is still under 30k) It's their home opener. Regardless of how good they may ever become there is just something about the word Buffalo (when not followed by chicken) that just bores me to death though.

This is not their home opener. They played Stony Brook at home.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but starting next year we will no longer be in a BCS conference. They're a regional opponent. Good luck getting SU, RU, and BC to schedule home and homes with us. Warde's hands are somewhat tied here. I'll be thrilled if he gets home and homes with the aforementioned three but I wont hold my breath.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Was watching Fresno St & Boise St last Friday and I thought it was cool how these 2 teams play for a stainless steel milk jug for a trophy why can't we find a local school like maybe Umass or BC ,were we play for a stupid trophy give the season an added kicked now I know this is gonna lead to people making fun of it but hey just think every year we play for the nutmeg cup or whatever gets that interstate rivalry goin with Umass or BC

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If we have to trade our current 3-1 deal or whatever it is with Buffalo for Umass, we might as well. Buffalo will be in the AAC soon enough.

Reaction Score
UMASS at Gillette would be far more interesting. Old Dominion is Joining CUSA, a home and home with them would be better than Buffalo, Old Dominion actually has a rabid fan base.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Can we please stop complaining about opponents being too weak to play against while we are 0-3? Seriously, people. Let's get some friggin' perspective. First let's win the game tomorrow, and then we can bitch about how bad Buffalo is...

Reaction Score
Can we please stop complaining about opponents being too weak to play against while we are 0-3? Seriously, people. Let's get some friggin' perspective. First let's win the game tomorrow, and then we can bitch about how bad Buffalo is...

The fact that we might lose makes it even worse, the Buffalo series just has no life regardless of the competition level. It's time to try a different school. Buffalo has the same excitement level as Towson.

Army or UMASS would be better. Even Ohio would be better.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
The fact that we might lose makes it even worse, the buffalo series just has no life, regardless of the competition level. It's time to try a different school. Buffalo has the same excitement level as Towson.

Time to try a different school? Like who? URI? Central?

Jesus, people! 1-A teams can carry only one 1-AA win in their count for 6 and a bowl game. Towson was our 1-AA "win" this year. Most 1-A teams DO NOT schedule two 1-AA teams in one calendar year. Therefore, teams normally go out and schedule a 1-A team that they feel they can win in the non-conference, especially in a year where they have other tougher competition (i.e., Maryland, Michigan).

Are people serious about the fact that an away game to UMass would have more juice? Really??? Who do you want to play tomorrow? Alabama, so that we can have more juice and an 0-4 record? Holy wow, people...

Reaction Score
Are people serious about the fact that an away game to UMass would have more juice? Really???

Yes, not even close. I'm shocked that you don't realize that. UMASS would be much better than Buffalo.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Yes, not even close. I'm shocked that you don't realize that. UMASS would be much better than Buffalo.

Well you shouldn't be shocked, seeing as I was here on this board last year when people were bitching about the fact that the game at home against UMass had no juice. So now, you're telling me that the UMass game will somehow gain more juice this year, at their house, in front of maybe 12,000 people, while we're 0-3??? Sure it would...

Addendum: And also, UMass is 0-4 for those that don't know, and lost to Maine by 10 this year. Lots and lots of juice...

Reaction Score
Addendum: And also, UMass is 0-4 for those that don't know, and lost to Maine by 10 this year. Lots and lots of juice...

You are making a strawman argument. I thought this thread was about future years. Why do you think UMASS will always be worse than Buffalo? Buffalo barely beat Stony Brook and they have been FBS a lot longer than UMASS. I wouldn't be surprised if UMASS beats Buffalo this year.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You are making a strawman argument. I thought this thread was about future years. Why do you think UMASS will always be worse than Buffalo? Buffalo barely beat Stony Brook and they have been FBS a lot longer than UMASS. I wouldn't be surprised if UMASS beats Buffalo this year.

I suggest you read the OP again. The complaint was how much we have played against Buffalo and their "15k" fans. Why don't we revisit your "strawman" when UMass's attendance becomes significantly better than Buffalo's...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Let me follow up my comments with some numbers for a little perspective.

Buffalo 2013 home attendance: 24,013 (Stony Brook)
UMass 2013 home attendance: 15,654 (Maine), 16, 419 (Vanderbilt)

So here's a school that can't even get 20k out to see an SEC team, and we're sitting here bitching that we aren't playing them instead of Buffalo. Good grief...

Reaction Score
I suggest you read the OP again. The complaint was how much we have played against Buffalo and their "15k" fans. Why don't we revisit your "strawman" when UMass's attendance becomes significantly better than Buffalo's...

So when the OP wrote "Can we please stop playing Buffalo?" you took that to mean cancel tomorrow's game, in your mind he wasn't talking about future years? I think you have had too much to drink.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
So when the OP wrote "Can we please stop playing Buffalo?" you took that to mean cancel tomorrow's game, in your mind he wasn't talking about future years. I think you have had too much to drink.

He clearly stated "15k".

My tone may have changed quite a bit tonight, but there's a good reason. Yeah, we're 0-3. But this is the night before gameday, and I'm still looking forward to seeing my team play football. So I go to the board where UConn fans congregate, thinking at least somebody would share my enthusiasm. Boy, was I wrong. And I'm getting tired, quite frankly. We bitch because we're not good enough. We bitch because our opponent isn't good enough. We bitch because our opponent isn't bad enough. We bitch because our coaching staff sucks. We bitch because our conference sucks. We bitch because our record sucks. I guess I'm just looking for a place where I can say "UConn" and somebody responds "Huskies!"...

EDIT: Metsfan, you're a good poster, and I respect you. I'm coming on a little strong tonight because I'm frustrated. I've made some changes to the original post to try to tone it down. Maybe it's time for me to START drinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom