Can Cuse and Duke both lose? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Can Cuse and Duke both lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Blown foul call.... I guess exCuse is today's favorite....

Reaction Score
Might as well give Syracuse the championship if they are going to get these calls.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah if you are a college basketball fan this was a great game to skip.

Reaction Score
Yeah if you are a college basketball fan this was a great game to skip.

It was one person who said that. You can get over it anytime you want. We saw your first 3 posts referencing it.

caw

Reaction Score
I don't think I've ever seen a Duke team have this many more fouls than the opponent. Not saying it's been bad calls, but it's shocking to see.

Reaction Score
well, we wanted both teams to lose....so we got something pretty close....a tainted win by Cuse in which everyone will be talking about the blown call at the end. Maybe Cuse will print up some t shirts to celebrate?????

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It was one person who said that. You can get over it anytime you want. We saw your first 3 posts referencing it.

Yeah that's not a constant refrain on this board. But yes I do like mocking fools.

Reaction Score
No chance Duke was getting the flagrant.

The way the calls were going, I almost expected it. That missed call on the dunk was crazy. CJ Fair almost choked that away with some key missed free throws.

Reaction Score
Some of those calls were monumental. Was Stuart out there tonite spreading his Stop??

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I hate Syracuse as much as the next guy, but it was a clean block. Vitale was wrong. He got ball first, good no-call.

Reaction Score
I hate Syracuse as much as the next guy, but it was a clean block. Vitale was wrong. He got ball first, good no-call.

Laughable. I just saw a slow motion play of it on Vine and his arm made contact with the lower part of his arm before he got the ball. That's a foul.

Some of you really need to get over the Laettner thing. The fact you don't know who to root for between Duke and Syracuse is kinda embarrassing. Here's a hint, you don't pull for the team whose fan base has gleefully celebrated our demise and whose athletic department worked to advocate Louisville over us last expansion round. We might need to offer a Lesser of 2 Evils course around here.

Last edited:

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Laughable. I just saw a slow motion play of it on Vine and his arm made contact with the lower part of his arm before he got the ball. That's a foul.

Some of you really need to get over the Laettner thing. The fact some of you don't know who to root for between Duke and Syracuse is kinda embarrassing. Here's a hint, you don't pull for the team whose fan base has gleefully celebrated our demise and whose athletic department worked to advocate Louisville over us last expansion round.
Conference realignment is irrelevant to whether it was a foul or not.

It was damn close, but I think they got it right.

BTW, I hope ESPN, Duke, Syracuse, Dick Vitale, Dan Shulman, and Swofford are all swallowed by a sinkhole.

Reaction Score
Conference realignment is irrelevant to whether it was a foul or not.

BTW, I hope ESPN, Duke, Syracuse, Vitale, Dan Shulman, and Swofford are all swallowed by a sinkhole.

I found myself rooting for Duke, but I agree. It was 50/50. I thought Hood made a tactical mistake trying to dunk it, should have used the rim and tried to lay it in from the right. I think he would have gotten the call if he'd done that.

Reaction Score

It was a bang bang play, and I'm sure the "swallow your whistle at the end of the game" crowd likes it, but if that's a no-call then I don't see how Parker and Jefferson's fifths were called. Props to the kid from Duke for trying to bang it.

Reaction Score
This was a good game but laughable the way it was portrayed by the media, the coaches and especially the announcers…….JB had the balls to say there was never a game like that at the Dome before….what a piece of crap he is now, laughable quite honestly………Gtwon, St Johns, BC, UConn, Nova have all had better and BIGGER games there…….so there were 10K people who were dumb enough to buy tickets and NOT be able to actually see the game? Who gives a rats butt………this was a game of 2 teams who have won very little in the past 10 years, very little of meaning…..this whole ESPN craze is really funny.

But to the game, how ironic it was to watch Coach K's team get hosed on someone else's court huh? Funny stuff……..want something funnier? Watch what happens to the Orange and the whiny one when they visit Cameron and every player is fouled out LOL…….Dicky V and numb nuts jacking off about Fair but never mentioned every time he missed a big FT? Nice job guys, good with the bad?…….that's a foul on the attempted dunk by Hood period! No brainer…….Parkers 5th was a joke - an absolute fall by Christmas who stopped playing D………Plumlee didn't touch Ennis on his shot either in OT with about 4o second left……..refs really suck these days don't they?

Funniest and maybe dumbest play - Cooney backing up on the last second 3 by Soulaimon…..before he actually came back to try to get his hand in his face, he somehow backed up about 10 feet inside the arch….why? A lay up means nothing Cooney…….nice job!

Anyway I was hoping for 15 OT's until even the coaches fouled out and everyone went home a loser……….these 2 programs are real easy to dislike for sure!! Congrats to the Orange fans who were up in that deep corner with Shannon Spait - you're the dumbest people on earth!:eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I found myself rooting for Duke, but I agree. It was 50/50. I thought Hood made a tactical mistake trying to dunk it, should have used the rim and tried to lay it in from the right. I think he would have gotten the call if he'd done that.

I don't think he could have done that from where he took off. I liked that he tried to dunk it, you lose the ball like that and back-rim it you're going to get a whistle most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom