2023 Recruiting: - Cam Spencer | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Cam Spencer

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
What does this mean. And who is this gentleman?
Dick "Hoops" Weiss is a renowned, award-winning sportswriter and columnist who has covered college football and college and professional basketball for the Philadelphia Daily News and the New York Daily News for 40 years. Weiss has been the president of the U.S. Basketball Writers Association, and the College Football Writers of America. He has also co-written several books with legendary college coaches Rick Pitino, John Calipari, Dick Vitale and authored a tribute book on Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski. Weiss’ true love for the game of basketball began during his days in Philadelphia where he covered Big 5 college hoops at the Palestra for the Philadelphia Daily News for 19 years. He takes pride in the fact that for a period of 7 to 8 years while he covered college basketball in Philadelphia during its heyday, he never missed a game in the arena he is credited with coining as the “The Palestra: Cathedral of Basketball.” Dick Hoops Weiss is featured in articles and shows on big ten tv. Coach George Raveling, Blue Star Media and American and Big East Conference

Reaction Score

What the hell does that mean. Dick is old and usually just says whatever he knows without caring about repercussions (he has spoiled reveals/,announcements in the past). Is he trying to be a little more delicate and suggesting that Cam is ours while giving the kid his moment? Or is he just parroting a line the coaches told him without any of the context?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I think the people who are down on Spencer need to remember that yes, he’s coming in here to be a starter, but he’s not going to be our primary scoring option. I’m guessing he may be our 4th or 5th scoring option behind Karaban, Clingan, Castle and Newton.

He seems like a perfect fit for what we need, and I trust Hurley to coach up guys on defense. What they did with Joey C is all I need to see to have that confidence. And Spencer is better than Joey C.
Primary Scoring options vary by opponent. He is coming to be the guy who takes advantage of the defense collapsing on DC.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What the hell does that mean. Dick usually just says whatever he knows without caring about repercussions (he has spoiled reveals/, announcements in the past). Is he trying to be a little more delicate and suggesting that Cam is ours while giving the kid his moment? Or is he just parroting a line the coaches told him without any of the context?
It sounds like UConn is giving it all they got but the player hasn't bitten yet.

Reaction Score
What the hell does that mean. Dick is old and usually just says whatever he knows without caring about repercussions (he has spoiled reveals/,announcements in the past). Is he trying to be a little more delicate and suggesting that Cam is ours while giving the kid his moment? Or is he just parroting a line the coaches told him without any of the context?
Sounds like he knows that we're trying really hard to get this kid

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Primary Scoring options vary by opponent. He is coming to be the guy who takes advantage of the defense collapsing on DC.
For sure. I guess I was saying I’d expect either 3 or 4 of Karaban, Castle, Newton, and Clingan to average more points than him.

Regardless, Miami and UCLA are stiff competition in the recruiting world these days. Both programs have attractive location, NIL, and are Final Four contenders. I would be somewhat surprised if he comes here. Proximity to home might be a separating factor if he ends up coming to Storrs.

Reaction Score
Spencer > Timberlake

i'll take the guy that was second on his P5 bubble team in pts, assts, and stls

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
What does this mean. And who is this gentleman?
Let’s hope stock means dollars$$ Has to be between us and them. If we can get close we have a chance because he is a perfect fit with our team. Newton, Castle, Spencer, Karaban and Clingan. And we would be deep imagine Ball, Ross, Stewart, Samson, Singar and Diarra that is eleven. This is going to get interesting if Spencer chooses us.

Reaction Score
He just completed his visit at Miami per Goodman. Hopefully that means we’re up next?

Reaction Score
Miami was a fun story this past season but let's be honest, that's the most noise they're ever going to make. Boeheim's dad is a friendly guy and a solid coach but if the kid wants to be a part of something special he'll choose UConn. This cracked me up...
Screenshot_20230531-171233_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Miami was a fun story this past season but let's be honest, that's the most noise they're ever going to make. Boeheim's dad is a friendly guy and a solid coach but if the kid wants to be a part of something special he'll choose UConn. This cracked me up...
View attachment 88615
That's hilarious......people really are stupid

Reaction Score
View attachment 88615
I wouldn't be surprised if they spent more on Nigel Pack than we spent on our entire roster, lol

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
View attachment 88615
Miami paid Pack more than UConn’s whole team made combined. What a moron

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
View attachment 88615
They’re stupid to say that but they have paid for back to back elite 8s.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It sounds like UConn is giving it all they got but the player hasn't bitten yet.
It sounds to me like they are confident that they will get him. Hurley has a good team in place he can afford to be choosy about his offers.

Reaction Score
Is Spencer still a possibility if a miracle AJax return happens??? It won’t but one can dream

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom