Calhoun's Strong Influence on Ollie | The Boneyard

Calhoun's Strong Influence on Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I recently received my TWO copies of your book (one for me, one to give my Dad for Xmas) and I read it in two days. It is a really good read for Husky fans and events have made a review of Calhoun's legacy all the more timely. And this excerpt gives you a good idea of the kind of new info one finds in the book. Lots of luck with it!

Reaction Score
Thanks the only way I see Kevin leaving is with his fist attached to the door!

Reaction Score
Wonderful read. This is how Coach turns boys into hard-core men with good-decision making skills and self-driven industry. Too bad Oriahki took off and might have forfeited long-range benefits that could put him in the NBA and beyond. The same goes for Curtis Kelly and the one that went to Hofstra. Thabeet learned not too late that the extra practices that Coach imposed on him were not meant to single him out out but to extract the best out of him. Now he has had three rich years as an NBA player. He may appear as a bust at the moment, but who knows. He could blossom up miraculously. I hope his 1-year stint with Oklahoma will prove to be his lucky charm. The discipline he had developed under Calhoun has tucked him in this far. I hope he goes much further than he has so far. A 7' 3" with his defensive skills should be worth much more for the long haul.

Reaction Score
UConn led at Providence College by five with 18.1 seconds to go in regulation. Donny Marshall committed a foul with 11 seconds left. No big deal. Marshall smiled and clapped, much like his coach does when he disagrees with a call. Bang. Referee John Cahill assessed a technical foul to Marshall. The officials had warned Donny to stop refereeing the game at least two times earlier in the contest.

Isn't it odd when something like that sticks in your memory? I hadn't thought about that play in 18 years, yet reading this brought it back instantly to memory, like it was yesterday.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If that is the game (and play) I'm thinking about Travis Knight got the basket on a pass (or possibly a shot) from KO right at the hoop.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and Kevin Ollie went almost full court for a lay up with time elapsing......almost positive it was the same "clapping" game and I as in the bar at the PCC upstairs viewing......

Reaction Score
I was at the game and Kevin Ollie went almost full court for a lay up with time elapsing......almost positive it was the same "clapping" game and I as in the bar at the PCC upstairs viewing......

Classic game. KO saves the day. I was 16 at the time and I remember the events laid out in the excerpt quite well. I wish I could watch it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom