Calhoun rumor? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Calhoun rumor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It wouldn't surprise me if JC had the itch to coach again. If we did see KO go to OKC, I would've bet the farm that JC steps back in. Now Florida is an intriguing thought. It's a heck of a lot more pleasant of a climate to work/live in for a second go-around.

Reaction Score
Skiblets called in from the car wash with the Dude on speakerphone?

Someone just called into francesa claiming to have heard Calhoun to Florida rumors. Ridiculous right?

Reaction Score
Lol. There's no way that's happening. Zero chance.

Reaction Score
I think his wife would kill him if he takes another head coach job
Agree and if she did not the job would. He could not survive his own intensity at his age. He got out for a reason and his health improved, I think he realizes his place on the planet is just fine as it is.

C

Chief00

If true then Florida is my second favorite team.Love the man for what he did for uuconn

I agree would be a good fit. Just hold the basketball team to the same academic standards football is held to - have a campus friendly police force to cover up any off court BS - good looking bimbos for recruits visits and let Calhoun work his basketball magic.

Reaction Score
Was kinda hoping there was something here but i guess not. We shall see.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Honestly, I have a great image of Calhoun as a UCONN man through and through. Seeing him again just wouldn't be the same.

That reminds me of the words spoken by the late, great Bo Schembechler, when he was the AD at Michigan, and Bill Frieder announced he was leaving to take the Arizona State job before the season had ended.

"A Michigan man will coach a Michigan team." Or, in this case, a UCONN man will not coach a Florida team.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 126
Reaction Score
It's comical that people entertain these Calhoun rumors when they surface.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Lol at the idea of anyone other than us even considering him, and that he'd coach again after leaving his baby.

Reaction Score
I think his wife would kill him if he takes another head coach job

Have you ever tried living with a coaching lifer after retirement?? She may kill him if he doesn't take a job.

I would hate to see him somewhere else, but I would be happy for him at the same time. And hell, half the people in Connecticut eventually move to Florida...why wouldn't Coach?

Reaction Score
A one year gig without recruiting and one more crack at the NCAA dance? Why not. Go get it, Jimmy!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If JC wants to coach again, I agree that his best bet would be to coach some country's national team. It would fit his skill set and wouldn't be all consuming. (h/t to Pudge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom